ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few more Oulton Park RS day pics

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Apologies for the poor quality on the pics-was using a compact & hadn't counted on how difficult it would be to get any half decent shots with the motion/distance. Not a patch on the pics from the guys with the expensive gear :(

Anyways, Theres a few up here and the rest are linked with the Flickr addy beneath the pics.

Thanks to Mike & Matt W (;)) for the passenger laps on the day! :cool:

p1140439large.jpg

p1140763large.jpg

p1140444large.jpg

p1140580large.jpg

p1140730large.jpg

p1140587largew.jpg

p1140593large.jpg

p1140630large.jpg

p1140665large.jpg

p1140668large.jpg

p1140705large.jpg

p1140575largec.jpg

p1140747large.jpg

p1140699large.jpg

p1140678large.jpg

p1140584large.jpg

p1140746large.jpg

p1140628large.jpg

p1140770large.jpg

Flickr account with the rest of the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44772149@N05/sets/72157622712676753/

Cheers for looking

:cool:

Constructive comment - I would learn to get sharper pics at faster shutter speeds rather than trying really low shutter speed shots like you've done.
Only a couple of those panning shots are sharp :(

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Constructive comment - I would learn to get sharper pics at faster shutter speeds rather than trying really low shutter speed shots like you've done.
Only a couple of those panning shots are sharp :(

Cheers Dan, i dont think you can change the shutter speed on it though :( Was only a little panasonic dmc-tz3, nothing special so found it a bit of a struggle to get what i did. Thinking maybe i shouldnt have stuck them up now, lol :dead:

Out of interest-what kind of shutter speed as a minimum would you need for shots on the move like that to get the clarity that Al, Rhi and Jonni managed?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looks like it was a great day, really frustrated that I couldn't go, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be!

Out of interest-what kind of shutter speed as a minimum would you need for shots on the move like that to get the clarity that Al, Rhi and Jonni managed?

If you shoot around 1/250th - 1/300th with a decent panning technique you should get sharp shots with a hint of motion blur. As you improve you can get it down to 1/40th with a bit of practice and as low as 1/10th, maybe lower, with a lot of practice and a steady hand. At those kind of speeds other factors come into play, such as the movement of the car relative to the arc of the camera. Around 1/120-1/160th is a happy medium. :)

Out of interest, can you remember whereabouts on the circuit this was taken?:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/158/p1140746large.jpg

Its quite a good place due to it being quite a distance from the track, and you can go further back if needs be. If youve got big-ish zoom 200mm or bigger its easy to drop the shutter speed and get good pics due to the pan being pretty slow

Ian

Focus TDCi
200mm is my limit, with the 70-200mm, so sounds like a winner just about. Really need to get to know Oulton better.

Hopefully get the car back on the road soon, just in time for the winter break anyway! :headno:

Well that pic was taken with my 70-200mm @ 200mm when I had it...cropped ever so slightly but nothing much. There is still quite a bit on over winter to practice with (trackdays) if you get bored lol.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Yeah, will have to have a look what's on, camera has been sat in the bag for a week or two which aint a good sign!

OT: Would you mind PMing me details for someone to skim the head if you have any? Would rather use someone that's tried and tested if possible. Hoping to get it sorted this weekend if I can get my neighbour to confirm the engine isn't fubared lol.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Got quite a few nice pics, nothing wrong with ones that have a bit of blur better than looking static. That's my Monaco in the 2nd pic and you got a couple others of my car so I'm happy :approve:

The safest minimum speed I use is 1/60th. Anything below that and I start to throw away quite a few photos. Stay at around 1/100th and you should be fine :)

Nippy white cup
Yeah defo Matts...it isn't just the spoiler that is weight saving..the boot and window are also 'special' lol

Chris