ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few problems with Valver

clio valver
hello i am new to the forum i have recently purchased a clio 1.8 16v i bought it with some problems hoping to fix up as a project car i have fixed most of them just couple left

the first 1 the worst i think is the clutch it works fine for about the first 30 min the the clutch pedel feels like it has a lot of play and the bitting point moves to the floor and i cannot get gears very well it bites very close to the floor at first but i can get gears ok i have replaced the pedel any ideas :) the clutch does not slip at all so i am hoping that the clutch is ok

the second is a misfire or hesitation on startup
it does this everytime i start the car after about 30seconds of ideling the tick over drops and nearly cuts out then the car starts to lose power and goes along the road like a kangroo will not rev for a few seconds then comes to life :dapprove: it gets quite embarrising :eek: when you are in a car park or public place

tried to make things as clear as possible any help would grealty appraciated

thanks pie

the idle problem could be the, idle speed control valve, its prob a bit dirty & would need a clean - sorry I have no idea where it is though.

The starting problem is the same as BRUN had I bet you'v got a universal lambeda sensor and you need a proper Renault one.
Check your clucth cable I bet thats a copy part from Halords etc. You need a proper Renault ones.
The two copycat parts your using are famous for going wrong unless there proper Renault ones.

clio valver
cheers for the help i will order a new cable from renault this week

the lamba sensor any ideas how much 1 is from renault and a temp senser

also forgot to mention the temp gauge bearly moves of the bottom but the oil gauge reads about 90 would the temp sensor have anything to do with temp gauge

cheers for the help

16v Phase 1
Has exactly the same problem with the idleing on my Ph1 16v.. As Jamesy has indicated, mine was exatly that. Apparently the coolent (especially Renauly branded stuff) corrodes the coolent sensor over the years, and gives mis-information to the ECU (even though the incar dial reads as almost correct). Although the sensor was only giving slighty inaccurate readings, results in the engive always thinking it is hot or cold (hot in my case), so when you initially start the engine the cold start mechinism was not kicking in and it coughed and splittered until the engine was warmer (usually 3-4 minutes). Took me bloody ages (and a Krypton tune expense) to find this out. Think the sensor was about £15 ish.. Good luck. Scoop.

clio valver
sorry for not getting back sooner it was the collent temp sensor i found out by diconnecting it when engine was running and ran like a bag of shite reconnected andthe revs picked up to normal so cleaned it up with some carb cleaner and never done it again

thanks jamesay you are the man

Skoda Fabia vRS
hmmmmmmmmm

ive had that exact same problem and ive changed the coolant temp sensor 3 times now and i still get it, not at the moment touch wood but it happens, maybe the wiring on mine is faulty somehow ?

clio valver
the problem with the misfire hesitation hascome back but now alot worse it is doing nearly all the time after the car is started get about 2 mins of being ok then the misfire comes back also cutting out hot of cold engine anybody got any ideas changed the leads plugs dis been like this for a couple of days since the notheast got all the snow also tried spaying damp start

please help i miss my valver

Renault Clio 16v
Pie,

If its owt like mine then you'll end up building a new car from Renault!!!
63k miles and its draining my pocket!!

Andy

clio valver
i hope not was thinking about running upto renault next week has yours got a similar problem mines done 120K not sure if it is a original engine seems very quick for its miles never smokes good on juice starting 2 think a may be a petrol or air problem as i can stop it doing it if i go past the second air intake on the gas ( hope you no what i mean)

ps a little skint with xmas just passing happy new year everybody

clio valver
tried unplugging it no diffrent ran for a couple of minutes then the bad ideling kangaroing started