ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few question

Clio 197
I got superguard stuff on my clio 197 when I got my new car but can I use wax stuff to put on it or wait a little longer?

What the best wax stuff atm?

Where can I get some nice soft cloths in use to dry it off & polishing?

thanks

Giles

Clio 197
oh another question.....

you sure can wax over superguard?? Cos dealer told me don't need to wax it or anythings :S It can't be right?

'18 Megane dci
oh another question.....

you sure can wax over superguard?? Cos dealer told me don't need to wax it or anythings :S It can't be right?

Sounds just like their sales pitch Giles, they said that to me too 4 years ago when I ordered my 172. :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
oh another question.....

just wax it, but don't use anything with a cutting agent like aGSRP for instance as you'll just polish the supaguard off.

If it was me, i'd not worry about the exterior supaguard anyways. Treat the car to some decent polish instead and just use the supaguard warranty for the interior of the car.

Clio 197
just wax it, but don't use anything with a cutting agent like aGSRP for instance as you'll just polish the supaguard off.

If it was me, i'd not worry about the exterior supaguard anyways. Treat the car to some decent polish instead and just use the supaguard warranty for the interior of the car.

It got superguard on exterior & interior atm....I'm not going to use like high polish stuff. All I want to wax it to keep in fresh. :)

Sounds just like their sales pitch Giles, they said that to me too 4 years ago when I ordered my 172. :D

I couldn't work out what they on about. They told me just use water to wash it :S lol

It is the paintwork is still fresh some reason?

I saw other thread someone clay the few month old LY R27....I mean WTF!:rolleyes:

ST
I clayed, polished, sealed and waxed my car the 1st week i had it matey...

As dan says tho..dont use anything cutting on it..

Tho if i was you, i'd strip the supagard off the paint and crack on with your own routine of detailing...

106 GTi
Even new cars need claying due to the crap they get on at the docks and being shipped. You will be suprised how much crap even new cars have on it. Use a plastic bag with your hand in it after washing and feel if there is much bonded to the paint - plastic bag will help show it up.

Like others I would just forget the Superguard, get it polished and waxed.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I agree,its best to clay it to get a good even start from new.You will build up a good base to follow on with

Mito Sportiva 135
Superguard et all are just profit makers for dealers. I imagine you paid over £200 for the whole application? Well, it will cost them £40 or less to buy and less than an hour to apply. Plus it doesn't last any longer than a decent sealant system. People are lead to think that it will mean their car will never need to be sealed or waxed during its life, which is definitely not the case. When I worked for a certain automotive manufacturer, they brought out their own version, which they estimated would start to deteriorate after around 30 washes (obviously dependent on what you wash with) so I imagine Superguard et al would be similar.

Perma Guard is meant to be better but again, expensive compared to what you could get alternatively.

Clio 197
Superguard et all are just profit makers for dealers. I imagine you paid over £200 for the whole application? Well, it will cost them £40 or less to buy and less than an hour to apply. Plus it doesn't last any longer than a decent sealant system. People are lead to think that it will mean their car will never need to be sealed or waxed during its life, which is definitely not the case. When I worked for a certain automotive manufacturer, they brought out their own version, which they estimated would start to deteriorate after around 30 washes (obviously dependent on what you wash with) so I imagine Superguard et al would be similar.

Perma Guard is meant to be better but again, expensive compared to what you could get alternatively.

That wasn't £200 for that, I had somethings else came with it.

Mito Sportiva 135
What, the interior kit and "aftercare" shampoo/maintainer pack?

TBH we used to charge a rather immoral £250 for it. My boss loved it, a we used to have to work our b****cks off for very little profit most the time. We used to offer to do it on the wheels for an extra £50 too. I mean, don't get me wrong, they work quite well - but can no way justify those higher prices really. Even when it has been applied from new and people come to sell their car 3 years later they still put "Superguard applied" - although by then there will only be a few microns of it left, it at all.

If you ever use anything like SRP or stronger it will be removed too - and if you are like me you will want to do this every 6 months or so at least.

Clio 197

TBH we used to charge a rather immoral £250 for it. My boss loved it, a we used to have to work our b****cks off for very little profit most the time. We used to offer to do it on the wheels for an extra £50 too. I mean, don't get me wrong, they work quite well - but can no way justify those higher prices really. Even when it has been applied from new and people come to sell their car 3 years later they still put "Superguard applied" - although by then there will only be a few microns of it left, it at all.

If you ever use anything like SRP or stronger it will be removed too - and if you are like me you will want to do this every 6 months or so at least.

I got the box of supergaurd with shampoo, polish or whatever.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135

I got the box of supergaurd with shampoo, polish or whatever.

Next time I would save your money and use it on a proper detail - where your paint will be properly cleaned, machine corrected (new cars can look terrible, especially darker ones) and protected with a decent wax. They should also be able to advise you of a system you will be able to do yourself to keep your new car looking in top condition.