ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiat 500 Abarth testing

Same engine as in the Corsa VXR ain't it. I want, as long as they don't de-tune it.

There in lies the problem, you know they'll detune it. If they don't then I'd seriously consider putting a deposit on one.

As long as they keep it around 182, Type-R territory, and below 15k, I will be VERY interested in one of those, the house deposit will be spent.
Are they planning on bringing a quick Punto out though, as if they are then surely they won't want it quicker than that??

172 Race Car
I read somewhere that it will be around the high 6's to 60mph when launched. Still gonna be quick tho

306 GTI-6
There in lies the problem, you know they'll detune it. If they don't then I'd seriously consider putting a deposit on one.

As long as they keep it around 182, Type-R territory, and below 15k, I will be VERY interested in one of those, the house deposit will be spent.
Are they planning on bringing a quick Punto out though, as if they are then surely they won't want it quicker than that??

I have read somewhere that supposedly they are doing an Abarth Grande Punto, not sure if this is just a bodykitted special edition or if it has any engine improvements etc.

Yeah, well I have read about them doing a Grande Punto with a 1.4 Turbo lump in with 150bhp, and a kit from the dealer to take it to 180bhp, but whether it's just Fiat's rumours or whether they are actually going to produce it, I don't know.

I love Fiat's, and had a few, but they have nothing to offer as yet in the hot hatch bracket, so hopefully the 500 will change this. Here's hoping that they do what they did with the Punto GT and make an awesome little car that will beat everything in it's class for years to come.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have my name down on a 500 abarth.

180bhp kit will be fittable.
(its not the same engine as the VXR)

See what i mean lee! ;)

I have my name down on a 500 abarth.

180bhp kit will be fittable.
(its not the same engine as the VXR)

See what i mean lee! ;)

Is it a Fiat engine then? I only presumed it was a opel lump, due to the Grande Punto and Corsa sharing the same chassis and possibly diesel engines?

So can you put your name down already at a dealers? Or is it because you have contacts? I take it if you have your name down that it's actually going ahead. Any date for release? Any details on spec? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Valid point actually X, if they do "only" give it 150-160 bhp and detune the engine, it's easily tuned again.

Problem is, my house deposit's already been spent so it'll be "mr equity-time"!!

The punto will never handle like the 500 is supposed to, that'll be the car to have I reckon.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The 500 is developed from the panda 100hp/new ford ka platform.

It wont be running gm units.

if it looks anything like this then im interested!

01large.jpg

Chelsea tractor
It says it's 200cv which is 200ps which is 197hp... :) and 970kg lol

Fun in a tin 'o beans if I ever saw it!

306 GTI-6
Yeah, well I have read about them doing a Grande Punto with a 1.4 Turbo lump in with 150bhp, and a kit from the dealer to take it to 180bhp, but whether it's just Fiat's rumours or whether they are actually going to produce it, I don't know.

I love Fiat's, and had a few, but they have nothing to offer as yet in the hot hatch bracket, so hopefully the 500 will change this. Here's hoping that they do what they did with the Punto GT and make an awesome little car that will beat everything in it's class for years to come.

i did actually see a pic of it as well, just can't for the life of me find it now!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
It would be a real return to the "old skool" if they make it.
Just think 970kg and nearly 200 bhp on a car with a turbo.(re-map please)

superb

ian

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
fat birds can go like the clappers, doesnt mean they look good doing it though lol ;) thats my analogy! :)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
its all because Ferrari's designers and engineers etc have all been moved over to fiat to work on 4 or 5 new cars being brought out.
including This Car, the Punto Sporting/GT, Punto Abarth, Stilo replacement and something else as yet unknown.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
''The hot 500 won't be short on power, either. Under the bonnet will be Fiat's new 1.4-litre turbocharged engine. With up to 150bhp, this will give the three-door an impressive turn of speed. Drivers can expect a 0-60mph time of around seven seconds and sharp responses to match.''

maybe not 200bhp then.....