ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo Plus 6 months on

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Well after having the car for 6 months thought i would take some photos and a bit of a wright up .

First off some clean car pics

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0064-1.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

First up was a Bailey Re circulating dump valve as the old bosh one was leaking . This was done with a BMC panel air filter.
d062_1.jpg

MOT time was next and after failing on a few things Broken front spring , hand brake cables, rear wishbone , rear pads and drive shaft gator all was fixed and had a fresh MOT.

Next was a trip to Bristol to FC Performance to have a oil and filter change , cold running spark plugs a compression test and live road remap.

attachment.php

The remap showed that the engine compression was low on all cylinders and that cam timing was the most likely cause. Layton also said that there was a knocking coming from the offside .

Next was to go back to FC performance for a cambelt change with all other belts water pump etc. A new thermostat was fitted along with a new injector as no 2 was dead . The knocking turned out to be a collapsed shock and a broken track rod . With all this done the compression was back up to 155 psi and cam timing was the cause of this as it was out on the crank , inlet and exhaust by some way . The last thing was to tweak the remap and all was well and power was back as it should be.

Car is now running spot on with good power and drives very well . There are a few things still to sort . First off will be x 2 new front tyres as the old ones are finished and a rubbing / squek / groan is getting worst (think this may be a wheel bearing ) and the front breaks still need sorting .

Next will be a RR to see what she is puting out ( Layton said around 260 / 270 BHP & 270 / 280 lb/ft ) and a few track days would not be bad ;)

Needs tyre gel before gally sees it.

Good to see you're getting stuff sorted out though. I don't really like these cars anymore in terms of looks, but at least you have the correct number of cylinders.

Last edited:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks very tidy! Although I can't believe how dated they look now. I remember the first one I ever saw and nearly creamedmy pants. A bright blue 20vT.

I've owned 3 and all of them the wheels were fubar'd. Have you had yours refurb'd? They look really tidy.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Looks very tidy! Although I can't believe how dated they look now. I remember the first one I ever saw and nearly creamedmy pants. A bright blue 20vT.

I've owned 3 and all of them the wheels were fubar'd. Have you had yours refurb'd? They look really tidy.

No just cleaned them . They will need a refurb at some point mind . The colour is ink black but looks just like dark blue .

Needs tyre gel before gally sees it.

Good to see you're getting stuff sorted out though. I don't really like these cars anymore in terms of looks, but at least you have the correct number of cylinders.

You either love the look or hate it there is no in-between with them. I love the looks of it and 5 pot FTW :rasp:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I've always quite liked these! A friend of a friend bought a 20vt for £140 the other day :dapprove:

Listerine & Poledo
always wanted one in yelow, with the yellow dashboard and plenty of leather.

just enough cylinders to make it interesting ;)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Very cheep cars for the money don’t think you can go faster for less but the group 20 insurance and running costs put people off :dapprove:

I've always quite liked these! A friend of a friend bought a 20vt for £140 the other day :dapprove:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have a coupe steering wheel in my garage for some reason. I would love a blue one.