ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fibreglass Bonnet

Clio Mk 1
I am looking into putting a fibreglass bonnet onto my car and wanted to know how much they would be. I've seen one on K-Tech for £205.63 inc vat and wanted to know if this is a good deal.
Also are there any body kits avaliable for 5 door clio mk1's and how to the body kits attach on?

Thanks
Matt

Punto/Clio GTT
prima racing do a kit for 5 door, the common terminator kit goes on 5 door. ide say look on ebay as you can pick up a full kit for 300 quid.

bumpers are direct replacements, may need the original fixing brackets. sideskirts are held on usually with sikaflex (bonding adhesive) and self tapping screws

Punto/Clio GTT
i dunno anyone else who does a fibreglass bonnet for the mk 1 sorry, 200 does seem cheap enough though, if you are changing the bonnet, myself ide get a carbon fibre one, look the dogs on the right colour car.

Clio Mk 1
I was thinking the other night that maybe i should use the original bonnet and mod it with fibreglass. What sort of thing looks good cos i want something different to the williams 16v one. Do you think that some creases and a raised up centre section, or some louves, or additional bonnet vents would look good.
What do you think.
Thanks
Matt

Punto/Clio GTT
i think it would look terrible tbh, its all down to personal taste though, if you like the style of huge bulges and vents ind cut outs then do it.
i like it when the air filter is sticking out of the bonnet in a little bulge thing, that looks cool.
how about get a williams bonnet and have some lines cut in? theres a thread in here somewhere of a company that cuts holes in ill try find it