ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fibreglass

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
My Striker is in going into a bodyshop tomorrow. Whilst its in I want them to fill in some of the holes which have been drilled in it and cut out of it.

Is this going to cost me s**t loads extra?

There used to be a vent on the bonnet so there are 4 round drilled holes and circular hole were the air feed connected. I want this repaired and filled over.

They're rubbing it down, repairing a few bits of fibreglass and then full respray and lacquering.

Thoughts?

Oh its going to Lotus - so not your run of the mill bodyshop. hehe.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
4 holes which are like a few mm's round. the hole is no more than 7cm in diameter. like you couldn't get a normal mug through it.

Punto/Clio GTT
piece of piss then. you got a cover for the underside of the bonnet that clips on or can you see the underside of the bonnet? depends how they like to do things really. myself ide put a piece of metal over it sikaflexed on then over that use a sound deadening pad, so from the underside you couldnt see its been repaired and then outside can just be glassed n filled as normal.

shouldnt be too much extra though. ide advise getting quotes from different places though as ide expect lotus prices to be pretty high and im sure the worksmanship is no better than other reputable bodyshops for less cash

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Its a fibreglass nosecone mate so nothing to structural. hoping he can put something behind and then just layer new fibreglass over the top

Punto/Clio GTT
yea ide ask them to cover underside with a sound deadening pad, looks standard then instead of havin crap repair on underside

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
pmsl underneath mate its just exposed fibreglass - sound deadening material... no such thing on the Striker bud, no doors, no carpet, no stereo, no windows, no heater etc. lol.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
DarthCake said:
They're rubbing it down, repairing a few bits of fibreglass and then full respray and lacquering.

Just a tidy up Si or are you going for a whole new colour all over?