ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fiesta ST Mountune MP215 acceleration

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Rolling from 20-120ish...not trying to set records so no rushed race-car shifts...but gives a good sense of in-gear shove...

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looks rather nippy!! Hard to get a sense of it from that view.

Please don't take the wrong way but are they bowling shoes?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta ST Stage 3
16 sec is not to bad I thought as you said about 18 sec for the std car .

'Tangmere' and do a proper run ????? am I missing something , Good road ???

Alan

Yes.

I know...a bit slow. Once weather improves and traction is less of an issue I'll head to 'Tangmere' and do a proper run.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
holds boost well, any plans for an intercooler id imagine intake temps will be high in the summer!

whats your thoughts of the mountune pack then?

Will be interested to see how it copes on track intake wise. I have no plans for an revised intercooler though. Spend £500-£600 on something, the benefit of which I'll see for maybe 2 hrs per year? LOL, just no.

Thoughts? It gives it a little more of everything, right where it needs it. More torque, more urgency up top, more noise.

How heavy are the new STs out of curiosity?

1,158kgs kerb weight.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Very true tom i remember both my 172 and 182 running out of puff around then.Thats when may mate would start passing me in his type R.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Very true tom i remember both my 172 and 182 running out of puff around then.Thats when may mate would start passing me in his type R.

That's where it's most noticeable...my 172 Cup too used to hit a wall, 5th gear was all but useless. This though, from 100-115 it goes very well...would have gone on but I had to brake for Madgwick.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Attachments

• graph2_zps1ac0b984.jpg
    graph2_zps1ac0b984.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 244

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Doesn't look rapid, maybe just the way it revs. How is the gearing? The clio is absolute s**t in 5th, it's far too long.

also why the heck would u wear driving shoes? Even if on a track day? Just seems totally pointless to me. Trainers are just as good, if not better because they'll be much more worn in.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look rapid, maybe just the way it revs. How is the gearing? The clio is absolute s**t in 5th, it's far too long.

also why the heck would u wear driving shoes? Even if on a track day? Just seems totally pointless to me. Trainers are just as good, if not better because they'll be much more worn in.

WHAT!!!!

McGherkin

Macca fan boiiiii
ClioSport Club Member
Oh my days. Although having said that he's wearing driving boots on the road, whilst at the same time claiming not to be trying too hard.

But the fiesta goes really well, still got much love for them.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
No they aren't. Well, for insurance purposes they are, but they have a 20 second (iirc) overboost which as Mark says takes them up to 200.

Correct, over boost f**king rules!

mark - is 3rd gear also the best in the fezza? 3rd in the focus is rather special