ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

File sharing help please.. :-)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I need some help! I've been trying for two days to sort this now and I've lost my rag...

I have a wireless nework which I had my Desktop, Laptop and Network HDD (connected to router) all sharing files fine.. until.. I did a complete reinstall of windows on my laptop. I'm now having problems getting the Laptop to share files, it connects to the network ok, can get on the internet and is on the same Workgroup.

The laptop can ping the HDD and the Desktop but when I go to My Network places they do not show, when I click on 'View workgroup computers' all I get is...

Home is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

I've tried everthing I can think of! Inc turning off internet Security/Firewalls. File sharing is swiched on as well..

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Nez

Rav4
turn basic file sharing off.

Create a new workgroup and get all the computers to join that workgroup.

That's another way of sorting that out.

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
Right..

I can now see the laptop on the Desktop but I keep getting the Permissions message when I try to access it...

The laptop is still showing nothing!! GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

There must be a box somewhere that needs tick/unticking!

Anymore ideas?

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
On the desktop, when I clicked 'view workgroup computers' the laptop came up.. but when I clicked on it I got the permissions message again. When I did the same on the laptop, the Desktop didn't show.

The desktop and HDD are still fine on the original workgroup.. I just need the laptop to join and the permissions message to go away.. lol

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I'VE DONE IT!!!!! :D:D:D:D

It was bloody Norton! I put all the IP addresses in the trusted list and it works now... The first thing I tried the other day was to turn it off!

Happy now!