ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

File That I Can't Delete.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
stuck In a hole here. Downloaded FEAR combat but it didn't work, got it by other means and, yey! works, but I cannot delete the original I downloaded! This is stopping Defrag from running properly making it finished with still 15% of files fragmented.

Have tryed using Shift-Delete (Like I always do) to get rid of the 1.76GB file but I keeps telling me it's in use by another program, I've tryed a basic start up, only letting the essentials autorun, i've also tryed safe mode. But no luck..

Help!

Punto/Clio GTT
i had this problem once, ide deleted a half downloaded file and it got stuck in recycle bin, i booted in safe n that sorted it, maybe try again?

Cupra
Move everything that you want to keep out of the folder that it is in and delete the folder itself. You have to do this before you have openned the folder after a restart.

Cupra
Thats a shitter!

You can try to delete it via the task manager:

File/ new task/ browse/ then select the file and in the same second, hit delete.

The problem is because windows cannot read the file (normally when you put your mouse over a file, there is a little explanation about size etc).

There are a number of programs which offer the solution for you by stopping the DLL from running but I have no experience with them.

http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/deletelockedfiles.shtml

The only other soltion is to check throught the running processes yourself and see which one is being used... stop it and then see if you can delete the file.

Have fun

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
hmm, my post dissappered.

Found out that explorer.exe is the process using it, so none of the programs in that link help! I need to delete the file, without stopping the process...

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
^^^ Yep. My mate had some vids he'd got off limewire that couldn't be deleted. I ended up just removing them through a command prompt for him. I can probabaly talk you through how to do it if you don't know

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
First off, Killbox, rules, it has worked excellently!

Secondly, could you talk me through the DOS route. Would be helpfull to remember some of my forgotten DOS expertise.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
It was downloaded via torrent, but I had deleted the program i used for torrents, so it wasn't being seeded!