ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

filling holes behind my number plate

172 cup
hi,im thinking of ordering a 3/4size number plate, i took my normal plate off today to find that underneath its quite holey and scratched but i think il be able to t cut the scratches out, can anyone tell me the best way to fill the holes and touch it up. thanks

Da

Less
like this you mean...

CanonCarPics020.jpg

still need to get mine sorted! :dapprove:

Punto/Clio GTT
is it the tailgate or the front bumper?

if its front bumper you can diy it pretty easy with some filler, P180, P320 for the repair

then either grey scotchbrite or P800 or P1000 or P1200, you pick.

just rub the holes so they are flat, mix up some filler, poke it in the holes so it overflows, let it dry, rub down with p180, finish with p320, primer it, basecoat then laquer.

the tailgate can be harder as when the screws go in or when its drilled, the metal is pulled forward, so it will need grinding down first, then filling.

can do a more detailed guide if you need it

172 cup
yeh its in the front bumper just like that but there would be 2 holes showing either side, what kind of fller should i use and where can i get t from?thanks for the help so far

Punto/Clio GTT
just normal car body filler.

halfords sell the small tins for about a fiver, P38 or P40 i think it is. just easy sand filler.

you'll only need a tiny bit of it though

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
im thinking of doing this also, where abouts in lytham are you?

172 cup
ballam road on the corner of pegs lane,think iv seen you about. thanks very much for the help FM-696