ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally, a viewer comin to see my car tonight

After nearly a month of advertising, I've finally taken a call on my car from a chap who is coming through tonight to see my car.

Lets hope he likes the wheels lol

LY 182 FF CUPPED
make sure it is clean, the amount of cars I view that have not been washed or hoovered, and smell inside!!!

bullsh!t baffles brains

make sure it is clean, the amount of cars I view that have not been washed or hoovered, and smell inside!!!

bullsh!t baffles brains

I'm rushing home from work tonight to drag the hoover out (in the rain so I might be electrocuted)

Its clean, but I want it to be extra clean for viewing

Mini Cooper S sport
Make sure it's super-clean inside and out. People will buy anything if it's shiny.

Good luck!

Fiesta ST3
sometimes a too clean car can go against you - crap i know but ive seen it happen!

buyer comes and says cars too clean, something must be wrong :S

what is the world coming too!

good luck with the sale mate :)

sometimes a too clean car can go against you - crap i know but ive seen it happen!

buyer comes and says cars too clean, something must be wrong :S

what is the world coming too!

good luck with the sale mate :)

I never clean the engine bay as from experience, a squeaky clean engine means you are trying to hide problems.

Iceberg 172
9 times out of 10 a shiney car can sell it's self!

When I bought my Cup (rip) it was sparkling. Said to me that it had been well cared for.

Good luck with the sale... If the buyer is serious and the price is right they'll look past wheels! I probably would the fact it's low mileage and it's a late plate...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good luck Malky, did I see you in Livi the other day?

There's so many silver 172's about!

Good luck Malky, did I see you in Livi the other day?

There's so many silver 172's about!

You may well have mate. Where about? What were you driving? I haven't seen many 172's in Livi. Saying that I don't drive about much.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The racing Puma mate, thought you looked over maybe it wasn't you! :(

I never clean the engine bay as from experience, a squeaky clean engine means you are trying to hide problems.

I hear what you're saying but it works both ways IMO; it can often look like the bonnet has never been lifted if it's full of leaves and dirt. You can give an engine bay a quick clean with a sponge without going over the top "detailing" it.

Not sure. He saw it on pistonheads, where I dropped the price to £3950, so we'll see what he offers. I'm expecting an offer of £3500

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I hope he turns up. Two people have arranged to view my car and in total I've spent 4/5 hours cleaning it. The first guy txt 15 minutes before he had arranged to be there saying he was stuck in work, he had previously said he was free all day and it was bank holiday Monday. The second didn't even let me know.

But good luck, it looks like a tidy example.

Storm Grey 200
I also hope the sale/viewing goes smoothly. I have a right joker messing me about currently, its seriously irritating.

Storm Grey 200
Nah my caddy is up for sale, couldn't let the clio go...

The ph1s seem to being for nothing lately, even the tidy black numbers :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A properly detailed car can add a few £100 to a car for sure. Always make sure mine are super clean inside/out!

Mini Cooper S sport
Exactly. If it's all shiny inc tyre gloss people think it's been looked after. Things like a dirty interior would put me off.

well, nice bloke came tonight and saw the car. Agreed a price and he is coming back tomorrow with the cash, once his insurance cheque clears.

Hopefully that will be the car sold. (and he liked the wheels too)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
well, nice bloke came tonight and saw the car. Agreed a price and he is coming back tomorrow with the cash, once his insurance cheque clears.

Hopefully that will be the car sold. (and he liked the wheels too)

Did he leave you a deposit?

nah, just a hand shake and a discussion about a suitable time for collection tomorrow. Car will stay advertised though until I have had the cash.

Iceberg 172
I didn't realise stevie wonder was looking for a 172!? Lol... Only kidding. Did he actually like the wheels?

I hope he returns with a nice wedge, if not it was probably somebody off here pulling your plonker about the wheels lol!

I didn't realise stevie wonder was looking for a 172!? Lol... Only kidding. Did he actually like the wheels?

I hope he returns with a nice wedge, if not it was probably somebody off here pulling your plonker about the wheels lol!

Yeah, said he thought the car looked great. I'll keep you posted if he turns up with the cash