ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally got a Sport :)

Cliosport182
This weekend i picked up my 182 and boy am i a happy chappy!
Took it for my first drive last night and it seems to be running fine although there seems to be a clicking or knocking noise from the exhaust when the i let the revs die down?
I really didnt know what to expect as i had a cooper s before this, and unfortunately i had a massive accident and that is now seen its last days.. I always will compare cars to that as i loved it but On first impressions though the clio seems more fun to drive.. similar to the mg i had before in terms of fun factor.. although not as comfy and solid as the MCS.
I certainly can feel the kick at 5k.. very different to the mini which seemed to pull from lower down and a constant rate. It made my girlfriends stomach go over ha!
So all in all i am a happy young 182 owner so i thought i share my :):D

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
Like you I'm also a happy chappy, ive had my 172 now for a week 400 miles later the smile has not left my chevy chase.

Just can't wait to get the race car car operational then the smile will be astronomical.

Lee

Golf R soon...
Congrats on getting the sport! :)

Built nothing like a Mini unfortunately. Parents have one, I occasionally borrow! Bit boring to drive the minis though! ;)

I've had my sport for a year now and still love it, even the rattles! :rasp:

Love the 5000 rpm kick everytime! :approve:

How old are you?

I was 21 when I got mine

Elise S1 B&C 140
Congrats and welcome, would be interesting to hear which one you feel is better after a couple of weeks i test drove both and went for the clio think it was the right choice.

Anyway welcome and get some pics up;)

Cliosport182
Congrats on getting the sport! :)

Built nothing like a Mini unfortunately. Parents have one, I occasionally borrow! Bit boring to drive the minis though! ;)

I've had my sport for a year now and still love it, even the rattles! :rasp:

Love the 5000 rpm kick everytime! :approve:

How old are you?

I was 21 when I got mine

I think the mini was easier to drive... thats why i say about fun factor.. it kinda just drives lol the clio is more responsive and can driven abit more sensible. The supercharger kicks in low so you find yourself going faster then you realise whereas the mini you know you going fast as it feels like a rockets suddenly been shoved up your bum.

Im 19.. a young one. I needed a bit more power as im going to be doing a lot of motorway journeys soon. always loved the sports as much dad worked with renault for years.
I am lucky to have a car like this but all my own wages... i can see why premiums are high.. a young inexperienced nutter would be deadly in this.

on the look out
congrats fella ive only had my 172 cup 2 weeks and love it to death . gave it a blast in 4th gear last night up to a ton and the wife was holding on for dear life :D :D :D

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'm sure u'll love the 182:D my exhaust did this i think, i was told it was due to diffrent heats to the diffrent parts:S but to the fair the exhaust is crap and will fall off soon;) ive just put the new gdi stealth on and its great (it is a bit louder then normal tho)

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
i no its nothing to do with the above subject but how do i get my photo under my name to the left of my post?

Cliosport182
Congrats and welcome, would be interesting to hear which one you feel is better after a couple of weeks i test drove both and went for the clio think it was the right choice.

Anyway welcome and get some pics up;)

I think its very difficult to tell.. on first impressions though

Mini Pros -
Solid car
Feel Safe
Easy power due to lower end torque
6 gears so easy to cruise although highish revs in 6th still.
Sharp handling
Smart and well specced up - (maybe too much tho)
Very good on motorways

Renault -
Well priced
More fun to drive
Easier to drive it fast or normal
more reponsive
very good handling
More a drivers car IMHO

They both are very good cars.. both for different reasons. I have no favourite.. even the MG before was fun to drive just did my head in with rattles and lack of grunt.

Cliosport182
i'm sure u'll love the 182:D my exhaust did this i think, i was told it was due to diffrent heats to the diffrent parts:S but to the fair the exhaust is crap and will fall off soon;) ive just put the new gdi stealth on and its great (it is a bit louder then normal tho)

How much does one of them cost!? im planning to stay clear of modifying this time around but a nice exhaust note would keep the smilies going :)

mini cooper (RIP 172)

How much does one of them cost!? im planning to stay clear of modifying this time around but a nice exhaust note would keep the smilies going :)

not cheap:eek: i think about £370 for cat bk! but i got it on the group buy so was cheaper but i also got a sports cat so came to about £600! well worth it tho:D more pull from lower down, feels more free if thats make sence