ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally my car is running, but I'm not happy.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I got a phone call from the dealer the other day to say my key had arrived, he passed me through to servicing who booked my car in for this morning. Spot on so far.

Then when I took it they pushed it in and coded my new key and the old one. £38 for the coding. The lad on servicing gave me my new key and then gave me the button part of a key without the metal blade. When I asked if I could now have the rest of the key he said I would have to order the metal blade seperate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you order a key, surely you get a full key, not just the plastic part. Anyway I ordered the plastic bit, £16 on top of the £92 I paid for the plastic part, and the £38 for coding. Then to finally make my day they refused to throw in a free £3 key ring. Renault know for a fact that auto-electricians can't do anything with them and they keys are dealer only so they can charge anything they like.

I'm happy to have my car back but surely it does have to be at such a cost. Rant over.

Mondeo TDCI 130
I got a phone call from the dealer the other day to say my key had arrived, he passed me through to servicing who booked my car in for this morning. Spot on so far.

Then when I took it they pushed it in and coded my new key and the old one. £38 for the coding. The lad on servicing gave me my new key and then gave me the button part of a key without the metal blade. When I asked if I could now have the rest of the key he said I would have to order the metal blade seperate.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you order a key, surely you get a full key, not just the plastic part. Anyway I ordered the plastic bit, £16 on top of the £92 I paid for the plastic part, and the £38 for coding. Then to finally make my day they refused to throw in a free £3 key ring. Renault know for a fact that auto-electricians can't do anything with them and they keys are dealer only so they can charge anything they like.

I'm happy to have my car back but surely it does have to be at such a cost. Rant over.

Theres a bloke local to me, if you take a good key to him he willl cut you a replica and copy the code over for £40, its not a plip key is the only drawback, but there ok as a spare!!

RB 182
Theres a bloke local to me, if you take a good key to him he willl cut you a replica and copy the code over for £40, its not a plip key is the only drawback, but there ok as a spare!!
How long does it take for him to do it? Sounds worth it for a spare one.

BMW M5 & E36
On my old car the spare key wasn't blipping or disabling the immobiliser. Excellent bloke near me who sorted it very cheap.

On my old car I found someone in Nottingham (Was a standard key cutting place when I got there) And he made my a spare for around £40, wouldnt pay Renault prices.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
The problem was that I didn't have a spare so I wanted a full key with the button for the central locking. Shame I never got a full key lol. Should be here this week they said.

Black Gold 182
Did you take your car to Stoneygate?

Im sure it was yours I was looking at on Sat. U got full greyish leather in it?

Black Gold 182
lol, I was just watching it get pushed in :)

Had mine in for an MOT.

Ive gotta say your's looks well smart like. all you need now though from what I could see is a little exhaust trim round your tailpipe... Would finish it off a real treat

Mk2 1.2 Campus
lol, I was just watching it get pushed in :)

Had mine in for an MOT.

Ive gotta say your's looks well smart like. all you need now though from what I could see is a little exhaust trim round your tailpipe... Would finish it off a real treat

I did have one from a 182 but I didn't like the look of it. I need to get the exhaust off to trim the bumper a bit more then I'm gonna make my own trim. Coilovers are on order so they'll be going on when they arrrive.

I seen you pull in I think, black 182?

Black Gold 182
Black 182, but yeah same difference (kinda).

I know all the lads in there so was standing behind your car when they were coding it. Used to work there as well so I get helped out alot :D

Mk2 1.2 Campus
I don't know anyone that works there, maybe if I did they could have warned me I wasn't going to get a full key lol

Black Gold 182
Yeah. The parts are sh-te tbh. Nothing compared to when I used to be there :eek: . I think there is someone local that can code the plip to the car for cheaper, and the blade can easily be copied by a locksmith if they've got the same blank one.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Yeah I considered that but I needed a spare as well, I didn't wanna be stuc if I ever lost the only key. Should have a full spare in a few days cause they've ordered the blade for me.

All credit to them though, they knew not to push my car on the bootlid, the boots aren't exactly the strongest and manage to dent with the smallest of force.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Yeah, I was more than a little worried since my car has only recently been to dent devils to get small ones sorted from before I owned it.