ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finance into personal loan (RFS)

Car is financed with Renault Finance services, If I sell up can I get the finance converted to a personnal loan?

It would be most straightforward to:

1. Sell the car privately

2. Get a settlement figure and pay off RFS

3. Take out a personal loan

4. Buy the new car

This way is probably best as you may find loan people reluctant to issue a loan while you have an agreement with RFS as well.

C4 Grand Picasso

Would you have any problems selling the car with the Renault finance still owing on it? Would it show up on an HPi check?

Yes, it will, you are not suppose to sell a car with finance on it, i took out a personal loan to pay off the RFS and then the car is free to do what you want with. Best rate i found at the time was tescos.

its also illegal to sell a car with finance still owing on it.

do what theyve said, get a settlement figure from rfs and then get a cheap loan, itll be your car to do with what you like then.

Hello

You wont be able to convert car finance into a personal loan as they are separate agreements. Im afraid you would have to get the settlement figure, take a loan out and then use the loan to clear the car finance (presuming thats kind of what you intended!!).

I had a loan with RFS and the interest wasnt good to be honest. I would go with another loan company and pay them off that way