ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Find the dirt on my sensor? + pic

172 CUP
So it would appear i have a small amount of crud on my camera somewhere. I think it might be the lens but other people say its the sensor.

fall1.JPG

How can i go about finding this crap and get it off.

Plus another photo from the day I really like CC appriciated.

river1.JPG

Going to get it printed onto 3 canvas's so the image is split up vertically.

Should be another product avalible on my website once ive sorted it.

Steven-b
http://www.steven-b.co.uk

Megane Mk4
Looks like if it's a different lens in the second pic so theres probably dust/dirt on the first lens. Doesn't seem to be none on the bottom photo.

Take the lens off and zoom back to the lowest mm on the lens.. chances are if it's on the inside, you'll see it on the glass. Joys of DSLR's and changeable lenses, you always get dirt between the body and lens :(

172 CUP
The top lens is older than the bottom lens and yes seems to be the lens. I tried to clean both ends with my coth thing. Ill have another look in better light tonight. Im putting my money on the lens.

Oil Burner
normally putting high fstop (f22 etc) and pointing it at the sky will produce a photo full of dirt. Its the technique i use to spot dirt on my sensor when cleaning.

The reason is has shown up on the first photo is the long exposure has meant you have had to use a high fstop so its not over exposed. Hense showing lots of dirt.

BTW i particularly like photo 2.

BMW F31
^think the original is better, yours looks too sharp and flat now. think the overexposure on the trees in the original set the lighting off quite well tbh.

Oil Burner
played with the levels, added some fill light, contrast, recovery

Used Adobe Lightroom instead of PS, its a nicer piece of software to edit photos with.

172 CUP
I use literoom for masses of photos like when i did a weeding the other day but I knoe i can do much finer changes in photoshop if only i could work it out lol.