ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finished.

Clio Phase 1 Sport
A couple of months back (I think), I went into the back of a money grabbing bmw driver. I couldn't believe it, since I'm not even 18 yet and I thought I'd killed my car :(

All credit to my dad, he worked some magic, and the car is done :D Just thought I'd share the photos of before and after :)

At the crash:
IMG00014-20110508-1319.gif

And now:
Image005.jpg

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
The bumper is the wrong colour too isn't it? It looks a lot darker.

Also what is a money grabbing BMW driver? Were you caught in a crash scam?

Clio Phase 1 Sport
Nahh the bumper is the same colour as the rest of the car, just in a different light.

The bmw driver got out the car screaming and swearing at me, then called an ambulance and complained of "a sore neck". 2 weeks later, her boyfriend then claimed for it too "/ so I have 2 blatantly false injury claims on my license :(

Abarth 595
Nahh the bumper is the same colour as the rest of the car, just in a different light.

The bmw driver got out the car screaming and swearing at me, then called an ambulance and complained of "a sore neck". 2 weeks later, her boyfriend then claimed for it too "/ so I have 2 blatantly false injury claims on my license :(

you crashed into the back of them though...

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
The more i come on this the more i see folk laying into people who are young and have a crash , hes already fucked with out it getting rubbed in.

Clio Phase 1 Sport
Yeahh I know it's my fault and everything, but I didn't hit them hard enough to injure anyone. I don't blame them for being annoyed, but their car had barely any damage on it (a slight dent in their back bumper), my insurance is gonna rocket next year AND my ego is tattered. Just would have been nice for them to be a little bit less aggressive and a bit more sympathetic...

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeahh I know it's my fault and everything, but I didn't hit them hard enough to injure anyone. I don't blame them for being annoyed, but their car had barely any damage on it (a slight dent in their back bumper), my insurance is gonna rocket next year AND my ego is tattered. Just would have been nice for them to be a little bit less aggressive and a bit more sympathetic...

TBH I think the BMW driver should got out, and given you a big cuddle :rolleyes:

Honda & VW
you crashed into the back of them though...

To be honest I have absolutely no sypathy for you but have a great amount of sympathy for the driver as afterall like you admit, you went into the back of her. You say tyou didn't hit them that hard and so are disbelieving the injuries sustained however going by the state of your car you must have hit them fairly hard. It's not hard to injure your neck especially when relaxed.
It frustrates me how people who claim for injuries are thought of as the bad guy and that you won't believe that they could actually have been injured.

Fact is you were probably driving like a clown or simply not concentrating, you stoved into their car causing damage which will totally inconvenience them what with repair work etc.
Added to this it wouldn't suprise me if the driver had injured her neck as like i said it doesnt take much.

Insurance is there for a reason, you have fckued them over by stoving into them so unfortunately you must deal with the after affects i.e. insurance premium rising.

You are acting like you are due some sympathy as you are only young and that insurance isnt cheap as it is, you have even started that you feel the driver of the BMW should have some sympathy for you also..... Boo hoo, get a grip, you messed up so deal with it!!!

A young lad like you smashed into me a few months back, my Wife was with me and she was so scared as she saw him heading towards us. He was driving like a proper tool and didn't stop intime as i was heading round a roundabout.
It caused damage to my car that fortunately wasnt quite enough to be written off but did mean i was without a car short term which was vert frustrating, it also resulted in me having serious back issues, to the extent it keeps me await at night and also prevents me from driving for too long without it killing.

Rant over

oh and just to add, why has your Dad had to work wonders fixing your car. Surely thats what the insurance you have is for, you had to claim surely due to injuring the other people involved so why not have your car fixed at the same time?

Last edited:
  Clio Phase 1 Sport
No, we didn't claim as it would have been a write off, and I would have been set back even more money. I wasn't driving like an idiot, as I've seen the results of people driving stupidly. I know it was my fault, and I don't expect sympathy, I just didn't expect to be screamed and sworn at. I instantly accepted the blame, and was extremely apologetic, so was it too much to not threaten me and scream in my face?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
No, we didn't claim as it would have been a write off, and I would have been set back even more money. I wasn't driving like an idiot, as I've seen the results of people driving stupidly. I know it was my fault, and I don't expect sympathy, I just didn't expect to be screamed and sworn at. I instantly accepted the blame, and was extremely apologetic, so was it too much to not threaten me and scream in my face?

I don't think you are asking for too much TBH. First thing I do if/when I crashed into someone or the other way round is see how they are. Fcuk the car, nothing is more important than life. As annoying as it is, as costly as it is, there is no need for aggression and profanity. That just gets the other persons back up from the start, for what? Fcuk all.

Glad you're ok and the other people are ok, with that out of the way, the whole whiplash claims debate could raise 15 pages of rants, but if its there, people will claim. I know I would. Can't really blame them for that pal. If you'd have given them a love tap, they'd still have claimed, such is the system in place. Not your fault, or theirs really.
YOU DID hit them though, from driving too close? not paying attention? whatever it was, it was a mistake - one you will learn from - you're out of pocket, but hey, it could have been much worse.
I know young drivers get a shafting as it is, but you've technically proved the insurance industry correct, by making a school boy error - you know what I mean? next time you'll be more vigilant.

Car looks champion though, well done that man. Drive safe lad.

Clio Phase 1 Sport
Thanks, I do appreciate it. I'll happily admit I was in the wrong and have showed why you need insurance, but the only reason I did not want to be screamed at was because I am genuinely a safe driver. I won't deny that I would claim too, but like others, I would see if the person was okay.

172 Cup
I'm a safe driver as well mate and I did the same when I was 17, if its any conciliation it will make you a better driver, it did with me!

Clio Phase 1 Sport
Yeahh it is a bit. I've seen alot of my mates (who are slightly older) do the same. The only difference being that they were clearly driving like lunatics

clio campus sport
even when your 60 year old you can do it dont listen to half off these idiots criticising you man just learn from it and another bit off advice lol if you have another bump dont post it on here lol its just giving ppl a chance to give you shite, car looks better also