ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fire Wall Heat Shield

Free Delivery Dreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The Clio's engine is coming out to do the belts and swap the gearbox, so I thought it would be a good time to clean up the bay a little, seeing as the fire wall material is showing it's age I thought i'd replace it with this stuff, it's 100cm X 33cm which should be enough to cover the bits that get hot, thoughts?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FEHEZ4G/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
People normally use some fancy silver stuff but I don’t think it’s that mate. The likes of dan with the megane engine or even Daniel or tiny hunter could advise better.

Free Delivery Dreads

ClioSport Club Member
All the reviews on the stuff I posted are from bikers using it to stop their arses getting hot from the exhaust, I knew £20 was too good to be true.

It's not something the car needs, just thought it would look nicer.

This stuff I take it?
https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/...pbPpeip1lk42arXhssKyCPxSqsF7o-7EaAl9-EALw_wcB
aero_nim.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
All the reviews on the stuff I posted are from bikers using it to stop their arses getting hot from the exhaust, I knew £20 was too good to be true.

It's not something the car needs, just thought it would look nicer.

This stuff I take it?
https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/...pbPpeip1lk42arXhssKyCPxSqsF7o-7EaAl9-EALw_wcB
aero_nim.jpg
That’s the s**t the fancy guys use, however your stuff may work. Ask around in some scrimping racing circuits? Know anyone that races on a budget?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You need to protect the brake fluid resiour from getting hot, with the exhaust manifold right under it you need to fit something good especially if you're going to do track work.

The brake fluid will be getting hot enough without the heat from the manifold.

Free Delivery Dreads

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'm going to need a decent amount to do the job properly which will add up, I think i'll give it a miss for now, having spent over 600 notes on parts i'll leave it for another time and stick with the shag pile for the time being.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Merlin Motorsport sell smaller pieces, cheaper.

I just have a section covering the brake reservoir, but mines not a daily.

Also, if you search the forum, someone found the part number for a Renault heat shield from (I believe) a non sport Clio that fitted on and was metal.

Free Delivery Dreads

ClioSport Club Member
The dog kennel is going back to being a daily, I was hoping I could use the Mazda until I bought an Impreza but life has given me a bit of kicking of late, so the Mazda's getting sold to free up some cash and after the Clio's rebuild it'll be going back to dog duties and work commutes for the time being, retiring it to live out it days on track will have to wait.

I'll have a search for heat shield options.