ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Firefox 2

It's alright, although it's like a stripped version of Opera, where you have to spend ages getting loads of pluggins before it works like you want it to.

172beast

Yeah not loads changed, spell checkers a nice touch, crosses to close windows on each tab rather then at the end takes some gettin used to, better then IE7 tho and a small improvement over the old version, hardly enough to warrant being called FF 2 tho like you say!

Fiat Panda 100hp
its what u want it to be, its simple, easy to use and fast. If you wanted tones more features then use its daddy 'opera'.

It hasnt change much, but I dont want it to, just improve the functionally of it.

I love the restore session thing on it when the browser crashes. Very handy. Programs are always crashing on this POS pc, so having that feature has been abused already

dk

911 GTS Cab
I love the restore session thing on it when the browser crashes. Very handy. Programs are always crashing on this POS pc, so having that feature has been abused already
i have that as an addon to 1.5 anyway, probably one of the best addons i have added

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
just started using opera too....how weird all browsers seem to look the same nowadays!

anyone know which is the least resource intentsive one? for geekyness sake?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
netscape navigatopr is pretty easy on cpu time and ram and is based on firefox anyway. I tend to find that IE is less rescource intensive than firefox too, but im a hardened firefox fan.

just started using opera too....how weird all browsers seem to look the same nowadays!

anyone know which is the least resource intentsive one? for geekyness sake?

Opera, There are tests on the net somewhere. Quickest apart from Lynx, but seen as that is a text browser kind of moves the goalposts.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Been a FF convert for quite some time now. I cannot see any real benefit for IE anymore. FF2 seems fine to me, but like others say, hardly much of a 'big' improvement over the old one.

D.