ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Firefox crashing constantly

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Anyone else having probs with the latest version of FF?

I had the same problem on my old build, but have recently bought Win 7 Ultimate and done a full fresh install, with new install of FF and its still crashing.

Even with just one page open sometimes...

Never had any problem with previous versions, only the latest release!

Poo! :dead:

Ian

Focus TDCi
Firefox is one big jumble of problems for me. I think mine may be a bit different to yours though, as it doesn't just crash Firefox, it freezes everything and I have to reboot.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
does it do the ''not responding'' qite a lot? my FF is doing that a lot at the moment... :/

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
It does that for a few secs, then get the Mozilla crash box up.

I figured it was my old 3 year build, did not expect it on my new install!

Seems odd...its not all the time, but much more regular than I've ever known before.

Unless it a plugin, as I have a few installed!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It's just history repeating itself.

Netscape open sourced and became mozilla, the mozilla foundation realised that the code was crap so started again from fresh, only thing is, the code they wrote to replace the crap code was itself, well, crap.

Webkit based browsers are the future.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No issues here v3.6b4 running on OSX

Amen to webkit, chrome is the future.

Audi S1
My Firefox plays up, then my connection to my router goes. (This is on my New mbp aswell)

Happens to my lil brothers aswell.

Nissan Jewk
does it do the ''not responding'' qite a lot? my FF is doing that a lot at the moment... :/

Getting this a lot, my whole laptop freezes at the same time for a few seconds though, but firefox always sees to be the catalyst - only seems to be a recent thing though

M2 Competition
My ff runs fine at the mo. Have only had it a few days, after years and years of ie, its a breath of fresh air!

Whats chrome like?

Bus w**ker
Yeah it's been affecting me too for the past couple of builds, it could be an addon but it seems to happen at random so I can't be arsed to run a vanilla install to find out. Loading anything that requires Flash for the first time, YouTube video etc, seems to make it not respond for a couple of seconds.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Major problems with it hogging resources on my MBP.

When I close it down in XP and open it up later, it says it's already running, and I have to manually kill the process before opening it up again.

Nightmare.

Got Safari/Chrome on the mac now.