ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at a time lapse video

I set the interval timing up to shoot every 5 seconds, and I left it for most of the evening. I ended up with 1961 frames in total.

Imported into iMovie '11, I created the video then RE-imported that video and sped it up more. I found that the first video it created was a little jerky, so I sped it up 300% again to create the smooth motion.

I'm trying to get my head around the exposure settings when capturing a bright sunny day, then changing when it's dusk, then night-time.

You can see the video get suddenly brighter (around 19 seconds), where I reduced the shutter speed as it was getting darker.

I still have to figure out how it's done properly, but not bad for a first attempt ;)

I'll probably have another go this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic mate! I'd love to see day to night from an area as clear as that!

So would I! I may go up that hill on the far left of the video. You get a great view up there of the sunset, and hopefully all the town lights coming on as it gets darker.

I need to learn how to transition between day and night though.

Also, What the hell do you do for 3-4+ hours while the camera is clicking away?! It's not like to can leave it there lol!