ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First attempt at an enhancement detail - pics inside.

Fiesta ST-3
After been an avid hand detailer for a while, I took the plunge and bought a DAS-6 from Mike (Jenic).

I have read, and read, and read... and read some more about techniques, equipment etc. Thought seeing as though I had a day off I may aswel put it to good use. And I am chuffed with the results!!

I wont bore you with the process, just some after shots. The heavens opened as I finished, so the pictures are terrible as the unit I was working in was really dark today.

Anyway, less chit chat... more pictures :)

7832681170_58804bf842_z.jpg

DSC_0032 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832751412_9942214ff3_z.jpg

DSC_0008 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832711292_0f46a888b1_z.jpg

DSC_0021 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832701186_fce10d01c8_z.jpg

DSC_0023 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832687456_f0f15c4551_z.jpg

DSC_0029 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832641952_20100e2229_z.jpg

DSC_0044 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832649378_0b2ee6f1db_z.jpg

DSC_0042 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832644888_c7474092cb_z.jpg

DSC_0043 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

7832637402_7cd61e1122_z.jpg

DSC_0060 by chriscummins7, on Flickr

Apologies for the lack of imagination. I had just slogged it out on the car, and it was raining.

C & C welcome.
Chris.

clio 182FF
Looks very nice mate! Good job! Might just be my screen but I would say re spraying your grilles black is your next job or bringing them back with some sort of prduct. Could be my screen showing them grey though so don't listen if that's the case!

Im thinking of getting a das-6 or similar. Not used a polisher before, my car is full of swirls under the sun and I hate it! How did you find it for getting them out and how was the general process? Do you think it's worth it over hand cleaning/ detailing?

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
not bad for a gorilla... done well man. i got burnt on sunday doing the megane

Fiesta ST-3
Looks very nice mate! Good job! Might just be my screen but I would say re spraying your grilles black is your next job or bringing them back with some sort of prduct. Could be my screen showing them grey though so don't listen if that's the case!

Im thinking of getting a das-6 or similar. Not used a polisher before, my car is full of swirls under the sun and I hate it! How did you find it for getting them out and how was the general process? Do you think it's worth it over hand cleaning/ detailing?

Yeah, the grilles could do with going satin black at some point. The faded bluey/grey colour kind of let's the rest of it down at times!

With regards to the polisher, this was my first attempt. I would definitely recommend having a go! I attacked it with caution at first, but soon realised I wasn't going to do any damage unless I was really careless :) Just take your time and you'll be fine!

That looks amazing!!!

I wish I had that unit for work. Could do so much. :(

Thanks Daniel :) The unit makes things SO much easier!!

Looks like you've down a very good job :)

Thank you mate, I am pleased!

It looks awesome mate, have you removed most of the defects then?

Quite a few mate :) but I've brought back a load of depth to paintwork more than anything which is what I was aiming for. Didn't want anything too aggressive without a PTG. Safety first ;)

Looks mint. Well done.

Shiney!! Top work

Awesome! I need to man up and attack mine.

Cheers guys!

not bad for a gorilla... done well man. i got burnt on sunday doing the megane

Haha thanks Mick!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Well impressed Chris, it looks amazing mate. Can't help but think that the front plastics needs bringing back to life now though, they really stand out in the second pic. Satin black paint?

How's the de-cat? ;)

Fiesta ST-3
Perfect mate :)

:approve:

Well impressed Chris, it looks amazing mate. Can't help but think that the front plastics needs bringing back to life now though, they really stand out in the second pic. Satin black paint?

How's the de-cat? ;)

Thanks Luke, yea I really agree. It will be done at some point, along with a wheel refurb to freshen them up!

The de-cat is brilliant thanks mate, so sorry to hear about the T :(

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looking very nice Chris!!!

It's just my opinion but think very carefully about what shade of black to spray your grills, could end up looking like a poor atempt at colour coding.

Fiesta ST-3
Cheers guys,

products wise I used auto smart evo3 with a white hex pad because rejuvenate on the white hex pad wasn't giving me the results I was after.
I then cleansed with rejuvenate on a blue hex pad then sealed with 2 layers of tough coat and topped with zymol titanium.

Fiesta ST-3
Lovely!

Any correction 50:50 shots for the geeks out there (me)?

Thanks mate, sorry I didn't manage to get any during the process as I was just focusing on practicing technique as it was my first attempt. I'm doing my friends 3 series in a week or 2, I will make sure I get some 50:50s then. Need to find a decent light source first as it was quite hard to see corrections levels tbh!