ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car... best insurers to phone?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Hi guys,

Looking to buy my Clio ASAP now and want to get some insurance quotes for a 1.4 petrol and 1.5 diesel but unsure of who to phone up.

Ideally I want a company who won't kick up a fuss over mods or don't care about cosmetic mods...

Any suggestions?

List so far (which I'd like to narrow down/change);
Direct line
Adrian flux (cheapest online quote so far for 1.4)
Co-op
Admiral (brother is insured with)
Kwik-fit (had some cheap quotes)
Bell
Elephant

ValverInBits
Try direct line but I don't think they'll be your cheapest. A little trick to try (with direct line only):
If you know someone (ie parent) with direct line NCB, they car transfer their NCB to you and vice versa. I started my driving career at 17 in a 1.6 clio si, with 7 years NCB paying £600

Admiral are good. I insured my old Quiksilver at 17 fully comp for 800 quid, and they do a good job repairing, best service I've had.

bell.co.uk are who i'm with now (admiral/bell same company) bell strangely quoted me cheaper this year.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Both Quinn and Admiral have given me stupid online quotes... will their phone pricing differ much?

So far the best quote I've been given online is £1375 for a 1.4 with 'flux... don't think I'm going to get any better than that.

Both Quinn and Admiral have given me stupid online quotes... will their phone pricing differ much?

So far the best quote I've been given online is £1375 for a 1.4 with 'flux... don't think I'm going to get any better than that.
put an older driver as named

133, 182, Kangoo 182

put an older driver as named

Put my brother down as named.. Didn't see a difference in price (11 years driving.. claims but didn't state any).

Edit - bell £2569 dropped to £1600 when adding my brother as named driver.

If I did end up putting someone else as named driver and needed to claim, would this affect them on their own policy elsewhere?

Never above 25mpg
The 1.4 16v Clio is a Group 5 car, quite high to start off with.

I had my mk1 ph2 1.2 RL Prima and that was a Group 2/3 I believe.
Still ended up paying £1100 TPFT for it...

Black Gold Trophy
bell.co.uk, much cheaper than anyone else, their customer service is better than other insurers I have been with

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
elephant have been good for me this year. got my renewal quote from bell @ £350, but went with elephant @ £265.

put your parents/guardians as named drivers. and select a 10 month bonus acelerator imo

'02 Monaco Blue 172
just got an online quote from bell.co.uk for £524 and is £260 cheaper than nearest one (elephant renewal at £684)

I'm 28 this year, been driving 10 years with 1 years NCB (was insured on my dads for 9 years unfortunately) does this seem a good price?

320d
bell's excess is too high for my liking, will probly go with them next year though. directline best i can find for this year, well september £1480 which im pretty happy with. If only they would insure mods :mad: