ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car mod help

mk2 clio
Hey guys will buying my first car soon and will be a clio no doubt, just wondering if anyone can help me on cheap and tasteful modification ideas
Thanks

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Ahaha ok genuine ideas,

Would need to know what variant of Clio it is (ie sport/non sport, ph1/ph2)
Without this info just give it a good clean, restore the rubber seals, paint the various trim pieces and badges, paint the calipers.

Forget anything mechanical. That and cheap don't work well together

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Upgrade to some sports (172/182) parts - bumpers, interior etc.
Sports parts can be had for very cheap on the forum in the classified section. You will however need to become a member in order to view it though. £12 well spent as you'll save at least that in your first purchase.
'Popular' cheap mods can range from a Skoda splitter for £15 to removing your rear wiper and putting a blank on it.
You could upgrade all of your lights (reading light, main lights, side lights etc) to LED bulbs.
Clear side repeated (indicators).
You need to give us lot some kind of idea what you're aiming to do so we can help you with it.

RS250, 182, 172
restore the rubber seals

Rubber Seals?
4253753847_2e92d5d234.jpg

RS250, 182, 172
On a serious note, I've just had a Scorpion exhaust fitted as the standard one, although good, is made of cheese and tin foil. Really nice system, not too loud and a slightly improved power band/delivery/torque you know what I mean.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Really nice system, not too loud and a slightly improved power band/delivery/torque you know what I mean.
Really? It actually improved performance? Was thinking of getting an exhaust system but didnt want to be that tw@t driving around thinking hes in a super car because of his loud exhaust.

RS250, 182, 172
I can't notice any difference power-wise, it just feels a bit more free. My main motivation was a quality exhaust that I wouldn't have to worry about rusting, second was a sportier note and third was any performance gain. I'm sure it's probably acquired another 5 bhp, but you'll be a damn better driver than me if you could feel it!

Also, it's not too loud - it's not like ye olde baked bean tin on the back of your Nova (or Corsa for younger viewers :))

Last edited:
mate of mine has a 1.2 clio and he loves my 182, so luckily we found a 172 in the local breakers and took some of the sport bits and pieces off it - gear knob insert, dash inserts, side sills, some interior bits and bobs, the Renault sport sill plates and we were thinking of taking the wings and front bumper off of it too! spent about 75 quid in total and he is really pleased with it all!
other than that i would say upgrade some of the speakers if you plan on having an aux connected or your own music on, definitely upgrade the bulbs (interior, dipped/main/fog lights, licence plate, indicator and side lights) if you can and if you really want to, get some cheap lowering springs and a splitter!
window tinting is a good idea too, as well as making sure it is all clean and polished and waxed etc but tbh do what makes you happy and what you want to.
unless you have a sport or something with a turbo there is very little point in doing any 'performance' mods haha!