ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car

Want a clio mk1
YOYO! Im nearly 16 but thinking off a car to get as im really eager to drive and im wondering is a clio mk1 ok for a first car lowered???? I really like these cars, lol. Very smart.... :cool:

~Beav

i know someone that picked up a mk2 ph2 52 plate clio for 3k, with pretty low milage and full service history...

Breaking A 172 Replica
Yeah you can get a lot more for that.

With 3k you can buy Mk2 Ph2 motors and still have a little change!

Check some of the cars out in the for sale section. One that springs to mind is Saner's car. It is a rare colour and whilst I haven't seen it, by all reports it's a minter!

Sam

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
its the insurance that will be the killer, not buying the car. will you have your own policy or be a named driver on a parents policy? as insurance on a grp 5 car 3rd party id imagine would be circa 1k.

Breaking A 172 Replica
i know someone that picked up a mk2 ph2 52 plate clio for 3k, with pretty low milage and full service history...

lol - I know someone who picked up an 03 plate 1.2 dynamique sport replica in black with 38k on the clock which had seen a salvage yard more times than a Service centre!

That someone was me!

And I paid 2350!

Sam

Breaking A 172 Replica
I am on my Mums insurance as a named driver, using all her no claims and it costs me 750 on a grp 3 car TPFT. Thats with direct line and includes a 10% multi user discount.

Sam

Want a clio mk1
Well it will be like 1 years worth of college cash and saturday jobs or maybe apprentaship so 3k would be max. Also insurance as I will be a new driver.... :cool:
:cool:
Mods: Lowered, alloys and exhaust maybe 2 new speakers and a sub....

Ps. Do you have to tell insurance people about a new steering wheel/gear nob???

~Beav

a fellow west midlander ...hehe welcome matey , nothing cosmetic is required but anything performance wise i would let them know , depends if you want to claim against cosmetic things i suppose ?

what happens if his aftermarket steering wheel comes off and he crashes into someone lol? im sure they'd go mental for not declaring it ?

i would declare everything IMO, i wouldnt run the risk of letting them find something to f**k me over on!

as said above anything not declared would be an excuse not to pay out for the insurance co.

silvervisions bulbs .....too

BMW M3
OKi! So what could I do without telling the insurance people? :eek:

~Beav

Well, nothing really performance wise. You can get away with things like panel filter, inlet mani match and remap as they are hard to detect. Well, not really the fitler i suppose. The last 2 arent really worth it anyway on a small engine.

Edit: but i wouldnt advise it.

RB 182 Cup

lol - I know someone who picked up an 03 plate 1.2 dynamique sport replica in black with 38k on the clock which had seen a salvage yard more times than a Service centre!

That someone was me!

And I paid 2350!

Sam

i got a mint pearl black 03 1.2 dynamique with 45k on it for £1500 so nerrrr :rasp:

A3 1.8T
Go Quinn-Direct, pretty sure you can have any mod that doesn't improve BHP with no increase in premium.

Got a MK1 when i was 16 and slowly trying to get it in to mint condition, although failed my test last week(Grrr!) Would personally go for MK1 if you have 3 grand £700-£1000 for the car, £1000-£1300 for Insurance and a few quid left over for Tax/M.O.T and mods.

Want a clio mk1
Cheers for your help people. I heard you have to declare cosmetic mods because say you had body kit it makes the car worth more and people are more tempted to thief it :(

Ps. So would I be able to get a clio mk1 ,lowered, with alloys and exhaust for a first??

I don't know why I add this but I am going into car mechanics so I can do some stuff my self :rasp:

~Beav

A3 1.8T
Not to sure about exhaust but you'll have no problems with getting lowered on a mk1 and alloys, exactly what i plan to do. Plus all the bodykits for MK1's look awfull anyway

Want a clio mk1
Not to sure about exhaust but you'll have no problems with getting lowered on a mk1 and alloys, exactly what i plan to do. Plus all the bodykits for MK1's look awfull anyway

Yup I agree. So alloys and lowered is ok??? :cool:

~Beav