ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car

Clio 1.2 dynamique
well with my birthday a week away i am nearly ready to start driving, i have my lessons booked and i knw i want to start saving for a clio mk 2 but i am not sure which one, as there are a few of them like the "1.2 sport" for example and i was just wondering if theres a big difference betwwen them and which one you would sugest i should go for but you gotta take into consideration that i am going to have to pay for inusrance aswell so nuffin to pricey

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
if i had to go for the first car all over agin it would be a 1.2 dynamique.
brother had the 1.4 very nice interior.

C

Clio_Craig

yer i agree, 1.2 16v dynamique, great first car, i ave a 1.2 16v extreme only been driving 5months and love it

RenaultSport 197
Get the 16v Dynamique 'Sport' (as it's sometimes referred to).

The interior IMO is much better than any other version of the 1.2, leather steering wheel, sport gear nob/ handbrake, slightly larger spoiler etc..

I've had my Dynamique for over a year now and had no problems with it. The only minor flaw I can find with owning this car, and it's the same with any Renault - Is the bloody rattles!!!

The only other 1.2 I may have bought was the Billabong.

Mercedes C Class Sport
Get the 16v Dynamique 'Sport' (as it's sometimes referred to).

The interior IMO is much better than any other version of the 1.2, leather steering wheel, sport gear nob/ handbrake, slightly larger spoiler etc..

I've had my Dynamique for over a year now and had no problems with it. The only minor flaw I can find with owning this car, and it's the same with any Renault - Is the bloody rattles!!!

The only other 1.2 I may have bought was the Billabong.
Only the ph3(53 plate onwards iirc) dynamiques came with the silver gear knob&handbrake button

RenaultSport 197
There is only 2 versions of the MK. 2 Clio ... Ph1 and Ph2 (53 onwards I think you'll find because I've ordered many parts for my car and it's down as the Ph.2).. Ph3 must be the last of this style model which Reno make, which they only do in 'Campus' form only.

clio_campus.jpg

clio_campus_2.jpg

Now onto the Mk2 Models:

cedric133_1137703928_clio4_cedric13.jpg

Mk. 2 Ph 1

zoydu41_1100520325_clio.jpg

Mk.2 Ph. 2

Last edited:
  Breaking A 172 Replica
1.2 dynamique is where it's at.

Or if you have a little more to spend or perhaps do higher mileage then the 1.5 DCi wouldn't be bad a bet.

Sam

1.2 Campus sport
my bad.. looks like the MK2 PH2 onli with colour coded bumpers etc etc.. wasnt worth the extra cash il tell you that

cock mobile.
Welcome.

Mk2 ph2 1.2 16v Dynamique is a fine choice, preferably with A/C for those soon to come summer months :)