ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First car

Clio 1.2 dynamique
ok heres the deal
i have £2000 to spend on my first car ( not including insurance)
i was thinking of getting a black 01 plate clio dynamique as ive seen a few sell for this kind of price on auto trader
but i would like some opinions first
do u think this is a sensible idea?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very sensible idea.

Cheap to run, pretty reliable and well specc'd too. Make sure you don't buy one from Birmingham though, all the cars i've ever bought from Brum have been complete sacks of s**t. Honestly.

Clio
What you really aiming for? and what do you want it for?

To be honest I'd say £2K on your first car is alot, but I haven't bought a first car in 8 years so I could be talking sh!t. If your after a 172/182 in the long run, I'd advise saving a few quid and look for something a bit cheaper for now, I'd look at insurance before the car. Do a number of cars and then go for the car that does the chapest quote.

Just my opinion.

What you really aiming for? and what do you want it for?

To be honest I'd say £2K on your first car is alot, but I haven't bought a first car in 8 years so I could be talking sh!t. If your after a 172/182 in the long run, I'd advise saving a few quid and look for something a bit cheaper for now, I'd look at insurance before the car. Do a number of cars and then go for the car that does the chapest quote.

Just my opinion.

Sort of wished I did this now as I think i'll be looking at a 172 for my 2nd/3rd car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Very true.

My first car was a £50 shed. I used this to run around in & get a years no claims while I saved for the car of my dreams.... a black 1600i Orion! lol

Clio
Sort of wished I did this now as I think i'll be looking at a 172 for my 2nd/3rd car.

Where as, put £1500 of it away for a year or two and then you've got a 172 almost, I know as a first car everyone wants something nice but its alot of money in the short term.

Think a dynamique at that age are still going for 2.7k unless they have high mielage.

Still a good car for your first, reliaqble and not too bad MPG.

Clio 1.2 dynamique
well im going to uni in september so im going to need something reliabe and i really like clios and im looking to keep it for quite some while. also my parents are paying for insurance ( spoilt i knw ) so thats why im so kean on the dynamique

Clio
Very true.

My first car was a £50 shed. I used this to run around in & get a years no claims while I saved for the car of my dreams.... a black 1600i Orion! lol

You surpassed me, was it the Ghia!!! I had an AX GT, now that was a fun car plastic but fun.

SchwepTek™
I agree with Mace and Dan. I bought a brand new black clio dynamique for my first car. Silly mistake!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i loved my black dynamique cant think of a better first car, loved every minute of it. cheap to run, insure, tax, fix, even at 17!!

although if i was to go for it again id get a DCi 80 instead of a 1.2 16v, even more economical cheaper to tax, and much more torque

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i loved my black dynamique cant think of a better first car, loved every minute of it. cheap to run, insure, tax, fix, even at 17!!

although if i was to go for it again id get a DCi 80 instead of a 1.2 16v, even more economical cheaper to tax, and much more torque

have to agree here, if you are doing lots of motorway driving get a DCi 80 as it will be cheaper to run and will pull better through the gears on a motorway.

/carl