ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Clean of the Flamer!

Flame 172 (Ph2)
After a couple of weeks ownership I've finally found sometime to give her a damn good clean!

Made up with this motor :)

Only got a couple of snaps on my phone while the sun was out on the coast road...

flame1721stClean2.jpg

flame1721stClean1.jpg

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Thanks!

They came like this when I bought the car, mind you I did give them a proper clean :)

Probably had a refurb already though at some point...?

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Cheers guys - loving the positive feedback! :)

Just got back from Diamond Motors after the full cam & aux belt change w/ dephaser pulley done; car feels great now the timing is all spot on.

A couple have mentioned practical lows, would this be lowering springs? Eibach Sportlines for example?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
To give you an idea, here are a few pictures of mine on 'practical' lows and spacers (i.e. I can drive it around on british roads without constantly cracking the splitter, drive it over speed bumps and basically not make my car look 'broken' like the dub scene). Mine is on Bilstein B14 coilovers and Eibach 15mm spacers all round. Will let you compare with yours.

photo1.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo6.jpg

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Aaaah, and you've got the recessed exhaust I want too!

Looks ruddy perfect your Flamer matey, very nice indeed.

How much you have to spend to get 197bhp out of your car then? :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Aaaah, and you've got the recessed exhaust I want too!

Looks ruddy perfect your Flamer matey, very nice indeed.

How much you have to spend to get 197bhp out of your car then? :)

Cheers mate. To get 197 bhp I had to cough up for 438 cams, k-tec induction kit and plenty of decent mapping. Exhaust and manifold was on it when I bought it from JMS. That bill came to £2.5kish, as it was done at the same time as my cambelt / dephaser and major service and a few other bits and bobs. It was the Bilsteins, Gripper LSD and new gearbox that made me wince from a price perspective.....full 6 point cage and interior strip to do next. Then ITBs last and i'll be done.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Cheers guys - loving the positive feedback! :)

Just got back from Diamond Motors after the full cam & aux belt change w/ dephaser pulley done; car feels great now the timing is all spot on.

A couple have mentioned practical lows, would this be lowering springs? Eibach Sportlines for example?
Got sportlines on mine, dropped it a little bit (enough to realise I need spacers) and tightened up the handling no end, for not much more than a hundred quid.