ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Detail of 2007 (not 56k)

I wasn't planning to do this detail so early on in the year but a Ady needed some photos for his new business and I acquired a new camera for Christmas so thought this weekend was a good opportunity as any. The weather forecast looked workable despite a shower on Saturday afternoon that luckily came during the washing stage!

First off here is the obligatory before pictures:

DSCF0101.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

After a quick rinse it was onto the tried and tested two bucket method wash:

2bucket.jpg

We then used an NXT wash combined with a Meguires wash mitt to remove as much crap as possible:

DSCF0112.JPG

Followed by clay:

DSCF0121.jpg

Another wash prior to starting the heavy work plus a shameless plug ;)

DSCF0111.jpg

DSCF0116.JPG

Having started late on Saturday afternoon and only completed the front and rear of the car we ran out of light and patience.

Sunday morning arrived and fueled on bacon rolls and regular cups of tea we continued the detailing process.

Early morning beading - detailing p**n to some people ;)

DSCF0179.JPG

We had two porter-cables on the go with an option of a third if needed but our assistant seemed to prefer being indoors on tea duty:

DSCF0188.jpg

For the important parts of the detail we used a Meguiars #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish / Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze / Meguiars NXT Tech Wax / Pinnacle Souveran wax

Once the bodywork had been done it was time do clean the dirty wheels:

DSCF0191.jpg

Now for the finished pictures:

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0192.jpg

DSCF0217.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0228.JPG

DSCF0230.jpg

Massive thanks to Ady for his advice, patience, humour and above all great friendship.

DSCF0205.JPG

Last edited:
I don't normally get excited about detailing/cleaning pics/threads...but that's doing something to me :S

Looks really nice Day.
I don't normally Mark but when you see your daily work horse looking it's best it makes you fall in love with it all over again :)

Word of advise though...

Avoid Black!!!

182cup & 172 racecar
What colour is it?? Only jokeing,looks good.I had a black golf gti once,never again will a black car sit on my drive,thankless task

Nissan 370Z
does claying it really helo it shine more, i dint clay mine but it had a few coats of wax and polish and it dint look as shiny as that..?

RS Clio 200
does claying it really helo it shine more, i dint clay mine but it had a few coats of wax and polish and it dint look as shiny as that..?

no, clay just removes any crap that has bonded to the paint like tree sap and stubbon tar.
That shine will have come from the PC work mate

Lee

BMW M2C
Looks spot on mate.

You've made me feel bad though, I washed mine yesterday and planned to give it a quick wax, in the end I decided I was too cold and didn't bother!

M140i
Cheers guys :) we had a laugh doing it 2, thats how to make 8 hours of cleaning a car a laugh. Process was really as Day explained. Started with a hose down followed by a good wash using the 2 bucket method, then the whole car was clayed using meguiars quik clay and quik detailing spray. Then the car was re-washed using the same process then dried using sonus and meguiars drying towels.

The first coat is meguiars #83 Dual action cleaner polish on a sonus DAS orange pad to remove swirls etc, this was the leghtiest process.

The second coat is #80 Speed Glaze on a green DAS pad, slightly less harsh but excellent stuff.

The third is Meguiars NXT tech wax applied on a blue DAS pad, this is left to cure for a length of time to seal the paint and protect it.

The final coat is applied by hand. Pinnacle Souveran was used as its superb on black cars and gives it that glossy wet look finish.

JOB DONE!!!!

Shameless plug time,

Shine.JPG

Shine launches on Feb 1st, 2007. Website will be up and running shortly, if any info is required call us on 07896 314771. We are a family run business and can cater for most cars, Huge thanks to Day for bringing his car down and taking some great shots. (and thanks to my other half for makin the tea :) )