ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Ice Install!

On Saturday I am getting My Toad security fitted, and then on Tuesday i am getting componants, rear 6 by 9s running off my Alpine head unit and a 12" Rockford Sub running off a Rockford amp fitted!

Where do you think i should put the amp and sub in the boot to allow for upgrades and do you think it is worth getting my windows tinted and the car delocked?

place the amp and sub anywhere in the boot, when you try to upgrade all you need to do is shuffle them around

but put the 6x9s in the bin if youre using a sub

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

Yeah, if you have a sub, youre not going to need 6*9s, due to the sub distorting the sound.

Its in a thread down there somewhere!!!

Dont get your windows tinted, it will only draw attension. Just keep your install stealthy and you should be fine mate.

i had 8" 3-ways on the rear shelf, i had to take them out, i tried every setting i could with the stereo and amp, but the sound was bad and hurt my ears.

I know in the mags you see cars with loads of speakers everywhere, but at the end of the day they are for show, to be played with doors and boots open all day! If you put it all in a standard car then the quality of the sound becomes in-audible. Really it just depends what your goal is.

if you want the tints as a sort of security measure, use the security film that is now available

stealthy and safe

Where do i get this security film and what about de-locking???

£420 for Sub, Amp and front componants and fitting

already have 6 by 9s, and may forget about them.

£280 for HEad unit already fitted

Stanced Honda S2000

tints are cool. for your amp, mount your amp on a piece of carpeted wood and use something like no nails to glue it to your sidewall (where ya tyres are) looks tidy and can be removed.