ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First outing with Nikon D60

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Alright peoples :cool:

My first DSLR and the first time i have properly used it!

Went out today so it was a good oppourtunity to test it out and see whats what! I still dont have a clue what I am doing :(

Dont know what any of the buttons do at all. Im going to be spending about 2 weeks reading books :eek:

Anyway, here are a few of my favourates. I took 120 images in the space of 2 hours :eek:....

Lastly can anyone tell me roughly how much an 8gb memory card will hold pic wise? Thanks!

C+C Welcome (i could do with some pointers tbf)

DSC_0027.gif

DSC_0038.gif

DSC_0009.gif

DSC_0035.gif

DSC_0063.gif

DSC_0055.gif

DSC_0018.gif

DSC_0019.gif

DSC_0010.gif

DSC_0034.gif

DSC_0042.gif

DSC_0087.gif

DSC_0044.gif

DSC_0022.gif

DSC_0098.gif

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Cheers Jamie...

Has anyone got any idea why my images have gone small? They dont usually do that?

Ian

Focus TDCi
The Boosh! said:
Has anyone got any idea why my images have gone small? They dont usually do that?

So they look better, that's my trick. ;) Might have changed the upload option on Photobucket, you can choose the default size.

Hard to comment with them being the size they are but the look to be very good for the first set. :) Were you on auto mode?

Focus looks to be on the ears on the last dog shot, rather than the eyes, but that's the only thing I can see at the mo!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yes Ian - Il be on auto untill i can figure stuff out :eek:

Also ben, mine doesn't tell me on the screen how many i have left :(

Im going to play with photobucket now see if i can get the ones i think are the best bigger

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Look through the view finder, bottom right hand corner? Number in [ ]

Or on the screen itself when not taking a pic, should be a number there?

Yeh it says this [ 1.0K ]

Does that just mean 1000 images left? As when i take a couple it still says 1K so thats wat was confusing me :eek:

Ian

Focus TDCi
If you change the photo setting to RAW (or NEF or whatever Nikon call it?) it should change to below 1000, can always change it back once you've tried. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yes mate, still using the standard stuff. Although I feel I have improved a lot since the above images were taken.

Ian

Focus TDCi
DeeKay86 said:
would you recommend the D60 over the Canon 450D? I cant decide what to get!!! :(

I chose the 450d over the D60. I can't remember why, but it was definitely better specced in a few areas. One thing I can remember is that it has the AF motor, whereas the D60 doesn't. They are both good cameras though. There are times when I wish I'd bought Nikon, but at the end of the day it's just a camera - they both let you shoot what you see.