ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First post on a forum ever..

Renault twingo
Hi guys.

My name is Zarko, 20, and I'm from the Swansea area, South Wales. Very new to the virtual car scene so bare with me.
I'm currently studying in Swansea uni and tinker with the cars in my spare time (mainly to get away from the mrs.).

I joined up Cliosport in hope of meeting new like-minded people and to have a laugh along t and also learn and share knowledge.

I currently drive an ep3 civic which has been a reliable little motor to get me back and forth to uni even though i'm the 8th owner of it.

665577_3868361955199_920709686_o.jpg

..... and then last november as i was trolling through ebay I found this little black beauty for under 200 quid so i had ot have it. Shes a left hand drive Renault twingo MK1 1.2 automatic.
I bought it in hope of fixing the little twingo and use it as a run around as my student budget was low and the type-r was getting pricey.

soo i started taking the thing appart only to find that the auto gearbox repair would cost 3 times as much as the car..... didnt see that coming.

10556438_10202494373268268_7827475729562631125_n.jpg

Feeling dissapointed and clueless and with my parents breathing down on my neck and moaning about the garage, I had to find a place for my second 's**tbox'

Luckily I am fortunate to have good people around me and my close pal 'Gregor' Greg scrambled a space for my French chariot.

'Gregor' Greg however , being the persuasive bugger that he is, got ideas into my head about making the twingo into a sleeper

So I ended up buying a 172 F4R off him .. for the twingo
10551489_10202494102861508_5242212878311432804_o.jpg

Fast forward a couple of months later, summer break was here and instead of getting hammered with the lads, I decided to throw the F4R lump in the Twingo

10497313_10202494104381546_3639226048805612011_o.jpg

with a month and a half left until my 3rd year im hoping i would finnish it.

Thats it so far ,

Have a good week guys.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Welcome! Shame about the garage complaints :( if my Son isn't hogging my garage with something interesting when he is old enough I will be quite sad!

Sleepers are always the best cars.

Renault twingo
Cheers Guys ! Haha warwickstingray , I could only wish for a parent like you lol , my rents aren't the biggest fans of my cars. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone once car is done! I wouldn't mind starting a thread on here as Photos are building up and id rather present them with a bit of a story instead of the photos hiding deep in my hard drive collecting dust.

Regards

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I read your whole post In a welsh accent. Tried to stop several times but couldn't.

Lovely project though, good luck with it. Plenty of knowledgable people on here should you get stuck.

Swift Sport
Interesting intro dude, welcome!

LOL at the stickers on the Civic!

Will be interesting to see the Twingo up and running :)

Renault twingo
I ,must have pressed the wrong button sorry if im repeating myself. Ste- they are sprayed on lol no stickers there XD, Reedy - hubs and drive shafts off a 172. Mr.Potato - Im actually half bulgarian also but a Welshman at heart, I have seen and read that build thread of the turquoise green twingo , It helped me out a lot. there could also be a 100 shot of NOS going into it but i don't want to blow the welds of the intake :p, Car weighs either 750 or 790kg not sure off the top of my head.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
You have to notify the DVLA of the engine change, I think they change the tax to match the engine (so same as a 172), but I could be wrong on that.

Nice little project, can't wait to see it finished (but I'd love to see how light it could get!)

Not too keen on the teeth on the Civic but then everyone has different tastes lol

Welcome to CS and enjoy your time here :)