ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Real Try At Some Night Pictures.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
just went out and took some pictures tonite as i am booorredd, comments and advice very welcome. cheers homies:cool:

DSC_0676_133.jpg

DSC_0672_131.jpg

DSC_0681_135.jpg

DSC_0683_136.jpg

DSC_0684_137.jpg

DSC_0685_138.jpg

DSC_0686_139.jpg

DSC_0687_140.jpg

DSC_0692_142.jpg

DSC_0695_144.jpg

DSC_0700_145.jpg

106 GTI
2nd photo - try getting the car to run level across the photo or get more of the car in shot if your going for an angled shot

mk5 fiesta zetec s
cheers mate just trying to get out and use it loads now so any advice is appreciated :D. will turn the lights off next time

106 GTI
when doing light streaming shots go to a lit area as otherwise the shots look boring

Alter the white balance also when shooting in orange light otherwise your photos turn out orange

JMR

RB 182 Cup
d-slr or compact?

If D-SLR, using a wider aperture [smaller f number] will reduce the starburst effect that you're getting from your headlights and the street lights in the first pic.

PS I like the first pic though.:D

mk5 fiesta zetec s
d-slr or compact?

If D-SLR, using a wider aperture [smaller f number] will reduce the starburst effect that you're getting from your headlights and the street lights in the first pic.

PS I like the first pic though.:D

cheers mate. i think the f number was around 13 so should i lower it to around 8 next time?

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Yes mate if possible, though of course you will end up with a faster shutter speed because youre letting more light in. For light trails and stuff f11, f13 is spot on, if there are direct/street lights around the place, opening up the lens gives a picture thats a bit easier on the eye.

If you still need the slower shutter speed, you could try buying a neutral density filter to fit to the lens, available in different grades to reduce the light that enter the lens. Meaning you can use the f4, f5.6, f8 with a slow shutter speed.

If that makes sense.

Hope it helps, James

mk5 fiesta zetec s
Yes mate if possible, though of course you will end up with a faster shutter speed because youre letting more light in. For light trails and stuff f11, f13 is spot on, if there are direct/street lights around the place, opening up the lens gives a picture thats a bit easier on the eye.

If you still need the slower shutter speed, you could try buying a neutral density filter to fit to the lens, available in different grades to reduce the light that enter the lens. Meaning you can use the f4, f5.6, f8 with a slow shutter speed.

If that makes sense.

Hope it helps, James

yeah cheers for that mate. how much is it for some decent filters? thinking of buying abit of kit including lenses (dont know what to go for).

JMR

RB 182 Cup
yeah cheers for that mate. how much is it for some decent filters? thinking of buying abit of kit including lenses (dont know what to go for).

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/category/categorynav.aspx?cat02=2019

Go for the Hoya filters, or if you have one in town, drop into Jessops for a look at their filters?

UV - worth keeping on the lens AT ALL times [for protection]
Circular polariser - increasing colour saturation and reducing reflections [worth trying out - you will love it!!]
ND filters - to reduce amount of light entering the lens to prolong shutter speeds at wider apertures

Mental 172 Cup
what sort of shutter speed are you using mate?

also what camera do you have? shots look awesome!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
i think it was at 20 mate. its a nikon d40 loving it so far:rasp:

Nice mate, I have the Nikon D80 and am so much more impressed with it than I imagined i'd be. :D

Thought it would be good, but it really is a quality piece of kit.