ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Time Posting Car

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Hi All,

Never posted any pics of my car before as it has only been the last month i have done anything with it.

Here it is a few months after purchase and how it stood for around a year due to lack of funds :(

attachment.php

Then when I managed to get rid of my debts and get some money together to spend on it the Chavs decided to have fun with Paint Stripper on the street I parked on that night.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Pics were taken at work the next morning after almost going mental for. In total i needed to respray, bonnet, front bumper, front passenger wing, passenger door, passenger rear quarter, boot and rear bumper. Needed to replace the rear passenger light. To add insult to injury when the rear quarter was being resprayed it reacted even after being treated so needed to be resprayed again on the rear quarter after being treated further.

A few months later I decided to start a bit of work on it and got myself a spare set of wheels while I got a friend of mine to help me paint mine black and do a little bit of refurb work on them. This is when the shed became the spray booth and storage for them while they cured for a few days. This was the end result, not bad for a first try. Used 4 coats of primer, 4 coats of paint a 3 coats laquer, by then I was happy with the finish i had.

attachment.jpg

I then had a set of 40mm Apex Springs fitted which although can be a little harsh I am very happy with. I could only go 40mm due to the steepness of the drive and if I went 60mm I would have to have quick release bumpers or just lose them all together as i hit the slope to the drive or the HUGE speedbumps recently put on my road. I would have loved to go 60mm but just not practical at all. After having the springs fitted I got the newly painted wheels on and here is how my car stands today.

attachment.jpg

Thanks for looking, C+C Welcome. Sorry for the picture quality I only ever take my pictures on a Camera Phone for some reason.

Luke

Attachments

• 18122008129.jpg
    18122008129.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 408
  • 18122008130.jpg
    18122008130.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 422
  • ABCD0002.jpg
    ABCD0002.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 408
  • Car 17.03.2010.jpg
    Car 17.03.2010.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 411
  Titanium 182
OOFT that's harsh !

Look nice though, have you sprayed the insides of your headlights black ?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Ouchhh!

How come you didn't get the plastic trim colour coded while you were having the rest done?

Black dynamique wheels look good mate.

Slooooow Ass 1.2
After I saw alot of colour coded car I decided to go against the grain a little and got with the silver and black theme using the non colour coded sections to break it up a little bit, although i do want to change the rear bumper to a sport bumper as I hate the insert on it

Nah i didnt spray the insides of the lights black they were like that when i got it (i thought it might be standard, lol) which also gave me the idea of black and silver.

Thanks for the comments guys

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I can't believe people would do that. It's sickening. Was it a personal attack or just random?

It looks good now though. Maybe you can change the side indicators to the clear ones? It's a tiny change, but it looks better.

Slooooow Ass 1.2
Random attact, about 4 cars got done in a few weeks.

I was thinking of changing the side lens myself, i was thinking either clear or smoked, couldn't make my mind up though, gotta try to find some pics of both on silver cars

R27
The people that felt the need to chuck paint stripper on your car are just morons!!

On the plus side the car looks alot better now. I really like the silver and black theme.

Clio 1970000000
Looks very good. like the wheels and the ride height is fine. As a suggestion, why don't you spray the side stripes black to match the wheels?

Slooooow Ass 1.2
I think i misunderstood earlier in the posts i thought you guys meant spray them silver.

I am thinking of spraying the black i think it will help alot.

Thanks for the positive feedback much appreciated guys always nice to here what your doing others liek as well