ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First time using EGP

Si

RS Clio 172
Well it's been suggested to me that I use EGP after SRP rather than a wax so thought i'd pick some up and give it a go!

total products used list for anyone interested...

Megs Shampoo Plus
Some QD
SRP
EGP
Megs Endurance tyre gel
Megs Glass Cleaner
Klear Kote Rubber & Vinyl dressing

3959722606_22b91ca8cb.jpg

3959724636_1b2a2a4ba6.jpg

3958953667_c6d22cde3b.jpg

3959728228_d129d6dca5.jpg

3959729838_1b8b564335.jpg

3960553504_da761145be.jpg

I'm mega impressed with how easy EGP is to use. absolutely loved it tbh. Will try and get a few more layers on tomorrow evening if the weather stays good!

Comments and suggestions welcome on both the pics and the cleaning :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 182 Trophy
Nice !

I use EGP, its really easy to apply and the results are really good. I always use the AG HD Wax afterwards. Wouldn't you be better putting a layer of wax over it instead of another layer of EGP ? The wax is more durable.

BMW F21 125d
Monaco has come up very well mate!

I used to use EGP on my black 172, will i get away with using it on my Artic 182 ? Its only recommended for darker colours, but what can you classify as dark ?!

Si

RS Clio 172
Nice !

I use EGP, its really easy to apply and the results are really good. I always use the AG HD Wax afterwards. Wouldn't you be better putting a layer of wax over it instead of another layer of EGP ? The wax is more durable.

I thought layering sealants gave better results? I'll wax it too if i have time.

Clio 182 Trophy
I used to use EGP on my black 172, will i get away with using it on my Artic 182 ? Its only recommended for darker colours, but what can you classify as dark ?!

Is it not just the 'ultra deep shine' thats recommended for dark colours. ?
Think you will be fine using the EGP on an Arctic 182.

Bumder With A Buffer
EGP is fine for any colour car.

Also layering it is fine. It will outlast HD wax IMO with a few layers.

Clio 182 Trophy
I thought layering sealants gave better results? I'll wax it too if i have time.

More layers will just protect it for longer so yes your right it will be a better result, I doubt it will look any shinier though if thats what you mean ? A layer or 2 of wax will finish it off nicely and will most likely last longer. Depending on what wax you use.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
When I detailed my car I'd usually try and put on 2 or 3 layers of EGP and then just the single layer of Wax.

Looking Great as usual Si

Bumder With A Buffer
More layers will just protect it for longer so yes your right it will be a better result, I doubt it will look any shinier though if thats what you mean ? A layer or 2 of wax will finish it off nicely and will most likely last longer. Depending on what wax you use.

not necessarily.

Wax helps protect it yes but a lot of wax's only offer protection for a few weeks.

Plus the finish won't be that much better as the finish is down to the previous prep. Ie polish.

EGP is more than capable of lasting a couple of months with a few layers. Wax will offer more protection yes but it depends on what type of wax.

For examle FK1000p is a sealent wax, last 3 months and there's no need for anything on top.

Si

RS Clio 172
cheers Ste :D

next jobs... get wheels off and give them a proper clean as well as re-cleaning the arches, struts etc. also drop the back end a tad more :D

Bumder With A Buffer
Si if you need something to help polish/protect the wheels try planet polish wheel seal & shine!

Awesome stuff for 7.50. Knocks the socks of stuuf like poorboys wheel sealent, chemical guys wheel gaurd etc etc!

Si

RS Clio 172
Si if you need something to help polish/protect the wheels try planet polish wheel seal & shine!

Awesome stuff for 7.50. Knocks the socks of stuuf like poorboys wheel sealent, chemical guys wheel gaurd etc etc!

i know i need some mate :( i'm lazy with the wheels though. got some bilberry on the way for cleaning and i do use poorboys but only really when i get the wheels off for a proper clean. will have a look at the stuff you've mentioned.

I miss my 2118's :(

you were silly.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Moved out so needed some Funds and now the Clio will be going in the next few months so bits had to start shedding.

BMW F21 125d
Is it not just the 'ultra deep shine' thats recommended for dark colours. ?
Think you will be fine using the EGP on an Arctic 182.

Your correct, i fail. I have Ultra Deep Shine, looks like a trip to HellFrauds for some EGP then!