ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First tuning steps, induction kit

CLIO 182 RS
Hi,

I got my RS182 clio last week and i have a blank canvas to start from,

just wondering what the best tried and tested induction kit is ? I know i will get next to no gains but I want the induction noise, however I dont want to bolt one on and find I lose power ! that is my main concern ! I was thinking pipercross viper ?

Then after that what is the best exhaust system to go for? Miltek ??

Thanks

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Jms v6 setup would be best for induction

Exhaust is dependant on how much monry you wan to spend scorpions start at £300 and then others go upto £600 plus but everyone will say yozza for exhaust choice

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
SEARCH.

Viper will cause you losses - most people say this anyway.

V6 airbox = NOISE + a straight swap out for your Ph2 box. Can get an aftermarket filter to go in it later if you want to.

CLIO 182 RS
Thanks,

where is the best place to get the V6 airbox? ebay or anywhere else?
sounds an easy swap too, think i will go with that and a decent panel filter.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Doesn't launch control munch clutches?

Better off getting matched inlets than any kind of induction setup.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Hijack coming!!!!

I'm getting the car mapped soon for a 182 exhaust manifold, decat and whatever induction kit I have at the time. Currently have a Piperx Viper. Will that loose me power?

Should I dig out the old airbox and refit that? Would the V6 box and what filter be a better option?

Surely Renault didn't put the best flowing airbox on the car as standard?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
Bad indcution kit = -2BHP
Great induction kit = +1BHP

the differences made from filter mods are so pathetic it's laughable!

if you want a tiny (and i mean tiny) bit of performance for not much money, then go with the following

Manifold
Decat
yozza exhaust
Matched inlets
v6 airbox

you might see 10BHP if youre lucky

Artic Blue 182 FF
Get an RSTuner, matched inlets and lose the acoustic valve. Get a WhiteLine ARB, then think about some kind of seuspension be it eibach springs or full coilovers.

Listerine & Poledo
Remove acoustic valve intake, chuck in high-flow panel filter then red-line it everywhere.

You'll be really popular

172 cup, Impreza P1
youll find OEM spend a fair few £££ on developing stuff such as airboxes etc

The OEM guys have to worry about noise regulations, emmissions and the likes so OE induction are often not the best for outright performance.

Might just leave the viper on then as it does Sound ok even with a CAF!

R60 CUP
I have put on the K&N Appollo kit on my 172 cup and that has been great i dident want noise just performance and did an before and after rolling road test found i got an extra 2bhp lol which suprised me but dont expect induction noise as its fully inclosed but i would recommend that kit tbh