ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fisherprice My First Track Car

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Ladies and Gents I present to you my Little Tike.

So on the 19th of April me and my Dad took part in our first track day in our recently put together 182 that we bought at the end of January. We've done little bits and bobs to the car to get it fighting fit over the last couple of months (can't rush these things).

So about the car, when we bought it she seemed ship shape apart from the brakes were only ideal for a push bike. Then we realised one of the rear shocks was bolloxed and subsequently one of the front springs was snapped! We then decided to replace everything, so shocks front and back, top mounts, springs, discs and pads including braided lines. Then it was onto the interior and we removed the seats and replaced them with some bucket seats and harnesses (Originals are available if anybody’s interested). We've also upgraded the dogbone mount with some flo-flex polybushes and also bought a set of OZ F1's and fitted Michelin PE2's.

On to the Day, we booked Anglesey Coastal with no knowledge of the track what so ever LOL (never ideal). The idea being its quite local (2hrs) and others were doing it like @FOXY @jamie rigby @Jonff, so we booked it and off we went. We stayed over in a lovely B&B about 20mins away from the track and the following morning set out to the unknown. The day its self was ace, I've never had so much fun or been so relaxed considering what we were doing. We both got some tuition (it was full in the morning) and were driving far far better than before, it made so much difference when before you only had other people to follow. The car performed great all day, no problems no niggles. The instructor also commented on how well the car performed and how it was set up so that’s a good thing to know, anyway down to the pictures and video.

Clio 8.JPG

Clio 7.JPG

Clio 6.JPG

Clio 4.JPG

Clio 5.JPG

Clio 3.JPG

Clio 1.JPG

Clio 2.JPG

Enjoy, I’m open to constructive criticism

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
If nothing else I love that lid. Brilliant. :smile: Looks like a cracking track as well. Never done a track day but I'd have a go there.

Fair bit if work gone into the car by the sounds of it. Top job. :up:

Did wonder what the picture in Share and Shine was all about, Mike - love it mate and nice that your dad is as keen!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well the idea behind the track car was because 2 years ago he came off his Fireblade down our estate (very odd acident) and my Mum and I wont let him get another bike as it took him so long to recover. So in January my Mum of all people put the idea forward about a track car so we went on the hunt lol. Its had paint correction and a proper clean inside (Dog hair Ewww).

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Well the idea behind the track car was because 2 years ago he came off his Fireblade down our estate (very odd acident) and my Mum and I wont let him get another bike as it took him so long to recover. So in January my Mum of all people put the idea forward about a track car so we went on the hunt lol. Its had paint correction and a proper clean inside (Dog hair Ewww).

Get him a CBR125R instead :smile: Might look like a wannabe 17 year old though :cool:

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hes not having 1 end of story it took him 6months to stop having dizzy spells Plus no space now in the garage more tools and bits now we have the Fisherprice.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I think I'll be at Oulton on the 20th of May, after listening to some advice off Alex Hall about my driving in the vid then coupled with more tuition should make me a far better driver. Need some one really good at taking photos to get some of the Clio on track, the above were by my Mum whos never used a SLR before lol.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I already had it Jon from going to them with you lot and getting passenger laps, this just furthered my need lol. No point buying a car to rag the b****cks off if you're not going to use it.