ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitbits

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
looking to get the misses one and haven't a clue which one? to me they basically all do the same? just looks? is that the case or more to it
she'll mainly use it for steps and activities such as zumba

which one would you get?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
looking to get the misses one and haven't a clue which one? to me they basically all do the same? just looks? is that the case or more to it
she'll mainly use it for steps and activities such as zumba

which one would you get?
o2 currently have one on offer. The charge HR. I bought it yesterday from John lewis who price matched. £20 off.

I didn't want a giant digital screen, but I did want heart rate monitoring and did want the ability to track flights of stairs etc. so this one made sense for me.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I have a flex. It's not got a screen, and is small enough that I forget about it during the day.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Charge HR. Does everything I need it to and it isn't "clumpy". Takes a couple of hours to change and lasts 5 days. Syncs to the app on your smartphone and logs everything as well as giving tips what you could be doing better.

Might go into O2 and try one on as I'll probably need a watch soon for work but don't really like wearing one, so this will be a good compromise. Always wondered how far I run at football and have recently started running so might be useful!

o2 currently have one on offer. The charge HR. I bought it yesterday from John lewis who price matched. £20 off.

I didn't want a giant digital screen, but I did want heart rate monitoring and did want the ability to track flights of stairs etc. so this one made sense for me.

Can you do the price match online or only in store?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I've got a charge hr and it's okay, the step bit is a little inaccurate mind! I sit in the car 90% of the day yet I can rack up 3/4000 steps 😂

I'm looking to change it to one that I can put different straps on as the rubber straps irritate my wrist.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
ahh cool thanks for info, probs go for a charge hr then
Think I paid around £130/140 for my ChargeHR from CostCo about 6 months ago. Will be a little cheaper now.

I've got a charge hr and it's okay, the step bit is a little inaccurate mind! I sit in the car 90% of the day yet I can rack up 3/4000 steps 😂

I'm looking to change it to one that I can put different straps on as the rubber straps irritate my wrist.
I've never had that issue. Is your firmware on the watch up to date etc?

And of course the 'strap irritates your wrist' - you're a woman so you need something to moan about. ;)

White APE
I got the blaze as it's handy having texts etc come through as I can't have my phone on me in the shop floor.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have the Charge, it's pretty basic tbh. I only started using it as I wanted to track my sleeping patterns, it's one my wife bought but never used.

Doesn't do text messages etc, but vibrates if I get a phone call, which is handy enough I suppose.

Are these actually any good? My missus also wants one having got in to fitness/exercise/running recently but i don't want to buy one for it to get put in a draw and not used after a few weeks.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the charge hr? After one for the wench.

I've got a John Lewis price match quote for a Charge HR for £80 which is valid until 4th June which your welcome to use as I don't think I'll bother. PM me if your interested mate!

White APE
I've got a John Lewis price match quote for a Charge HR for £80 which is valid until 4th June which your welcome to use as I don't think I'll bother. PM me if your interested mate!

That would be awesome if your not going to use it.

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
il have it too if you can :D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've heard that the fitbit HR data is massively inaccurate. Also the app isn't particularly good at providing the data.

i've got a Garmin vivoactive HR, its bloody brilliant.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've heard that the fitbit HR data is massively inaccurate. Also the app isn't particularly good at providing the data.

i've got a Garmin vivoactive HR, its bloody brilliant.
I've compared the read outs from my Garmin heartrate strap and from the Fitbit... not much difference between the two (and I'd expect the heartrate strap to be more accurate anyway)

App is s**t at providing the data though admittedly, they really need to put some better analysis features in

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Recent update on the app, much better than before I think.
Love my surge, use it every day. Good for tracking runs also.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You know it's funny how 'Fitbit' is becoming the 'iPad' of the fitness band world. Just this week I had two people ask how my Fitbit was (it's a Microsoft Band)