ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted aftermarket wheel

2003 Clio 172
So I fitted my Momo race steering wheel today and even though I'm yet to test drive it, it looks and feels awesome. Put some resistors in the airbag connections, so no warning lights on which is good. Currently don't have a horn connected as will be getting a ph1 stalk, and I'm wondering how I get the horn wiring from the steering wheel boss to the stalk without disturbing the steering angle sensor? Do I need to remove the squib? Also, even though I haven't connected the horn button it's still fitted to the wheel. It doesn't quite stay in place though and seems to push/fall through into the boss quite easily. How do I prevent this, do I need to glue it in place? Cheers ?

monaco 172
No need.

Phase 1 stalk uses existing connectors and the horn just works lol.

The 2 spade connectors on the stalk are for the horn.

The grey plug which was the horn plug on the wheel becomes redundant.

I couldnt get my head around why there were 2 lots of wiring for the horn, but it helps folk like yourself!

Also, the angle sensor just pulls off, but don't turn the middle or the wheel while it's off, and refit it how you took it off

2003 Clio 172
No need.

Phase 1 stalk uses existing connectors and the horn just works lol.

The 2 spade connectors on the stalk are for the horn.

The grey plug which was the horn plug on the wheel becomes redundant.

I couldnt get my head around why there were 2 lots of wiring for the horn, but it helps folk like yourself!

Also, the angle sensor just pulls off, but don't turn the middle or the wheel while it's off, and refit it how you took it off

Great, thanks. Sounds like I can just leave the existing horn wires in the boss and just fit the ph1 stalk and I'll have a functioning horn. Thinking about it, don't ph1's have a horn on the steering wheel and the stalk? That may explain the wiring.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Great, thanks. Sounds like I can just leave the existing horn wires in the boss and just fit the ph1 stalk and I'll have a functioning horn. Thinking about it, don't ph1's have a horn on the steering wheel and the stalk? That may explain the wiring.
Yes mate they do

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So I fitted my Momo race steering wheel today and even though I'm yet to test drive it, it looks and feels awesome. Put some resistors in the airbag connections, so no warning lights on which is good. Currently don't have a horn connected as will be getting a ph1 stalk, and I'm wondering how I get the horn wiring from the steering wheel boss to the stalk without disturbing the steering angle sensor? Do I need to remove the squib? Also, even though I haven't connected the horn button it's still fitted to the wheel. It doesn't quite stay in place though and seems to push/fall through into the boss quite easily. How do I prevent this, do I need to glue it in place? Cheers ?
Electrical tape around the edge of the horn will do it

2003 Clio 172
Another quick question, the 6 bolts holding the wheel to the boss seem to be loosening slightly. Is it worth using a dab of thread lock on them?