ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted charcoal today

172 cup
fitted new charcoal filter today on my cup and at last that knockin noise has gone on tick over im well happy boys n girls :D :D
only took 20 mins to do and was full of water for some reason... anyway cheers to u guys who told me about it.anyone got a cheap foglight forsale??

172 cup
black box sits behind drivers light and common to tap tap tap when cars warmed up...something to do with exhaust emissions i think but could be wrong

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
mine was full of water too!!! did yoy manage to get the plug out, or you take out the headlight!!!

told you thats what it was :)

172 cup
took the inner mud shield out then unscrewed the three 13mm bolts lowered the little brut down and bobs your uncle so cheers for that matey..took longer taking that vac hose off ha ha couldnt get it off:S

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It does this tap tap tap tap tap tap....... sounds like you have a 1990 ford fiesta lump under the bonnet lol. When you rev it, it will dissapear for abit, then return. Its the solinoid getting noisy.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
me too!!! that was worse as its in the drivers side. 172 posts by the way^^^ lol

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is this same thing on the passenger side? Just wondering as mine is making that noise on the passenger side of the car...not constant...just every now and again...its a 53 plate Cup!

Cheers in advance

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
wouldnt have thought so..... you can only really hear it in the car, (can be hard to trace mind) outside its not as noticable.

Lots of Alfas
They only have one on the drivers side behind the foglights, it just there to absorb some of the fuel vapours for better emissions. When the valve is faulty it knocks as mentioned above and it can also cause lumpy idle and random stalling.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Like I say, mine is behind the passenger light (or around there). It happens every now and again, and is like a loud ticking. Its more noticeable outside than in. But is more apparent after giving the car some beans!

BMW F31
mine does have a noticeable tap when you listen to it from outside the car etc, is this the big black box directly behind the drivers arch liner, like a rectangular box that hangs down?

how much is it to replace, if its cheap it cant hurt to replace it to see if it gets rid of the noise right!?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i get that ticking aswell, so is it ok to leave it or do i have to do somethign about it?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
are they also called Canister Purge Valves?

pcPetr10_4.jpg

I had this very same ticking almost like a the noise a relay makes I tried two different valves and made no difference.
A while later my car started misfiring which turned out to be the O2 sensor as soon as this was changed the noise stopped.
If anybody is after the solenoid I think I will still have the other ones in the garage.

See My Clio? Tell Me
They only have one on the drivers side behind the foglights, it just there to absorb some of the fuel vapours for better emissions. When the valve is faulty it knocks as mentioned above and it can also cause lumpy idle and random stalling.

cant say ive noticed any tapping but do sometimes suffer from "lumpy idle and random stalling". going to do a little investergating on that how much are they to replace?