ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted de-cat

renaultsport 172
guy at exhaust centre says i should get the car remapped ASAP or i will blow my engine.......

now i aint stupid and think its utter bollox, but should i be worried?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Nope don't worry 1 bit.... Always an option in the future though to get the most out of your mods.

What have you done so far?

340i
You pleased with it matey?

Noooooo complete rubbish, your engine wont blow up hahaa... but if you were to remap the car it will be running at its "optimal" settings.

renaultsport 172
Nope don't worry 1 bit.... Always an option in the future though to get the most out of your mods.

What have you done so far?

power mods are:-

ITG panel filter
acoustic valve removed
de-cat
k-tech stealth

inlets and re-map are next on my shopping list

renaultsport 172

Noooooo complete rubbish, your engine wont blow up hahaa... but if you were to remap the car it will be running at its "optimal" settings.

i was a little worried at first they fitted it and the car was like a tractor told em i wasnt happy but they said it was best they could do,so they had another go and managed to fit it took them bout hour and half in total to sort it

340i

i was a little worried at first they fitted it and the car was like a tractor told em i wasnt happy but they said it was best they could do,so they had another go and managed to fit it took them bout hour and half in total to sort it

They are a ball ache to fit.. you need to hands of a 5yr old to get them spot on :(

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Gray did you manage to get mine in the post yesterday? how much trouble are they to fit then? thought it was a case of removing the engine cover, undoing it at the manifold then jack it up & undo it from the exhaust, well probarbly easyer to do the manifold side last but you get the idea.. or am i in for a fun evening under the car :dapprove:

340i
Gray did you manage to get mine in the post yesterday? how much trouble are they to fit then? thought it was a case of removing the engine cover, undoing it at the manifold then jack it up & undo it from the exhaust, well probarbly easyer to do the manifold side last but you get the idea.. or am i in for a fun evening under the car :dapprove:

Yep was posted yesterday matey..

you really need two people when fitting the de-cat one to hold bolt head in engine bay side and another person underneath car to undo the nuts.

Spray a bit of WD40 a few hours before you start the job if you can, as the bolts are a pain to undo sometimes, if you can i would get somebody with a car lift to help you (makes the job 100times easier!!)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
No access to lift for a few weeks :dapprove: , will have it on axle stands hopefully high enough to move around under there, another quick question, had a look from the engine bay & it looks like there are some sort of springs on it or summit, did'nt have a torch so was only a quick look, thought it was gonna just be a nut & bolt at both ends :S

corsa ecoflex
No access to lift for a few weeks :dapprove: , will have it on axle stands hopefully high enough to move around under there, another quick question, had a look from the engine bay & it looks like there are some sort of springs on it or summit, did'nt have a torch so was only a quick look, thought it was gonna just be a nut & bolt at both ends :S

I can pop over in the week to help you fit it mate or do it at the weekend when i come over to do the remap on mine

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Would wanna get it done in the week mate, firstly as i can have a play with it thursday night :evil: & lastly it means we can get straight on with mapping yours saturday :cool: i know its gonna be a mother of a job fitting it :dapprove: , will see if my brothers around to give me a hand, save you havin to come all the way over to mine, but if he's not around you may get a phone call lol

340i
The springs are to take the flex of the engine/exhaust movement iirc..

the order goes

Coller

Bolt

Washer (thin one)

Washer (thick one)

Spring

Washer (thin one)

Cap

Nut

Thats off the top of my head so may not be right. just remember the order they come off

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The springs are to take the flex of the engine/exhaust movement

Gay....

Gonna have fun then.. did you include the bolt or what ever it is to block the second lamba mate?, have decided to leave the thing out unless any one knows if the rstunner kit can clear the emissions light??

Ph1

guy at exhaust centre says i should get the car remapped ASAP or i will blow my engine.......

I wouldnt take a bag of washers to this lot. Sound like a right dodgy bit

alien green rs133
with decat does it now make that lovely raspy noise when you give it some beans??? and i hope it pops as loud as mine :D

renaultsport 172
im not really getting much popping but we will see!

the place that fitted it is the only exhaust place around my end so had to take it there, they are idiots, when i took the ktech stealth there he told me it was an illegal race system......