ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted injector now wont start

106 GTI
Fuel pump not primeing, stop imobiliser serv TCS battery and oil light on. Taken fuel rail out and tried cranking too and no fuel coming out. help.

Check fuel pump fuse in engine bay, and maybe unplug and plug pump back in under seat just to be sure its not the connector

Tried the usual lock/unlock/lock/unlock a few times while sat inside the car then try to start it? Is the immobiliser light is on when cranking (if it even cranks?)

106 GTI
locked/unlocked while inside 4 times, imob light on and stop light and various others while cranking.

Will only crank 3 secs then stops by itself

106 GTI
More info

To get the car to turn over you need to turn the ignition on and turn it over straight away, if you wait for the lights to go out you just hear a small click.

106 GTI
Its crazy as it was starting before the injector was changed a few days ago (sunday night).

Clio 172
Whats the fuel pump setup on the Clio? Is it a "push" or "pull" system? If its designed to pull the fuel then you wont get any fuel if you've disconnected the rail (will you?)

i had this problem with a clio in the yard, that would only turn over a few times then stop, everytime you turned the key.... dragged it around the yard and bumped it with a jeep cured it.

106 GTI
well ive just put the battery back on and no luck, I locked/unlocked a few times before trying.

The 2nd battery thats in the car is now going dead to ( connected via jumpleads ) and as its turning over its giving off a continous click and then the headlights flash twice.

Car should still run without an alternator if the battery has charge, ive had mine running on just the battery before for a few minutes when it wasnt even bolted to the block...

ITB'd 182...
Think so, Craig.....

But mine clicked like that when it broke down. A whack on the starter motor and it was away! lol

106 GTI
Been giving the starter motor some love, Im sure its something to do with the lights.

As usually they all go out bar the stop one I think. Plus no fuel is coming through and the pumps not making a noise

172 Race Car
It ain gonna bump without fuel pressure is it?

Powey cheak all the earths etc. what did you remove when fitting the injector?

106 GTI
Removed the rail guard, 2 bolts holding the rail on, then pulled the rail out containing the injectors. Unpluged the 1 connector to the injector at fault and replaced the injector

106 GTI
mini-valver said:
The immobilisor will stop it from cranking unless you try literally straight away. If you turn ignition on, wait a few seconds, then try, nothing happens. If you flick the key straight round to start it, it wil crank like 4 times then stop. Older ones will still crank over in my experience. UCH cars, will not.

Seems this could be my problem

HBT 172 Cup
Um im not that familiar with the MK2's but you havent nudged the big emergency crash switch in the engine bay by accident have you?

106 GTI
My dad said that when I turned the ignition on he could hear one of the brown ones clicking

mine was doing the same if u have the key so all the lights on the dash are on then hit the top of the ecu u should hear the clicking then try turning the key off and on that all ways works on mine

mine was doing the same turn the key on so u get all the dash lights on hit the top of the ecu so u hear the clicking then turn the key off then on that always works on mne lol

Clio 200 Cup
I had a similar problem with mine, engine would crank, fuel pump was working etc etc but refused to fire up.

In the end I held the computer button in on the end of the right-hand stalk while I turned the ignition on, this sent the dash into diagnostic mode. The engine started fine. F*cked if I know why this worked, by might be worth a try.

Kev

You sure the injector you've swapped in is a good one? A dead short in an injector can occasionaly do funny things as the ECU gets a constant 12V up a PWM driver. Having said that the Sirus has reverse voltage and over voltage protection on most of the important pins so shouldn't be too fussed by this.