ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted my new roll cage *pics*

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Drove down south to pick up my roll (show) cage. The car bra looked gash on my car so i got rid and got this instead, few more mods soon to come!

Any ideas?

DSC00047.gif

DSC00046.gif

DSC00048.gif

What you think?

172 Cup
If you like it then that's cool but personally I think it looks out of place in a car with the original interior still in place. It makes it look like you're transporting some pipes back from B&Q imo.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
If you like it then that's cool but personally I think it looks out of place in a car with the original interior still in place. It makes it look like you're transporting some pipes back from B&Q imo.
lol
I ended up painting mine black to match my car (polished metal and black cars are a wee bit chavy) but it suits yours. Now ditch the seats :approve:

Looks cool mate, It does look nice as it is now in chrome, But white or black would look sweet as well. Depends if you can be arsed to get it done.

Rear seats out would be great for some weight saving and also look much better.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i cant take the back seats out at all as the bolts are rounded, plus im sure the cage weighs more than the seats anyway and also i have a sub that would be on show i like it etter with seats tbh

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
No because the seat sits on top. Id grind two new walls at 13mm and use a 13mm spanner to get it out. Dremil not a grinder lol

+1 having the rear seats in makes no sense at all.

James, what's you insurance company say about the cage ?

172 /megane cab
[James, what's you insurance company say about the cage ?[/quote]

there fine about it thanks[/QUOTE]

lol

Suzuki Ignis Sport
+1 having the rear seats in makes no sense at all.

James, what's you insurance company say about the cage ?

there fine about it thanks

LOL @ that response!!

James - "Hello, i have a policy with you and i wanted to let you know that I have fitted a roll cage to my car, are you ok with this?"

Insurance - "Yeah we're fine about it, thanks"

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's a lie.

It looks a bit weird in a standard car, you should sell it to me, so i can powder coat it white. ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Roll cages do not lower your premium on a road car. Who are you insured with? :S

I'm not negative fella, it's a good cage

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Sorry James.

The roll cage really suits the car, all you need to do is lower the car, and it'll look sweet as!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
lol, i was joking about it lowering the premium!, i know ur not negative chris it wasnt aimed at you lol

What's not to get ?? :S
Read what I put again, it makes sense.

You say that folk are negative, well if they don't like it they aren't going to say yeah it looks great are they ??

Somethnigs on here are nice & folk get positive comments.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
ok, as i cant physically romove the rear seats how about this as an idea

i take out the part of the rear seats you sit on and fold down the back part, take out parcel shelf sub etc