ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted my viper c.a.f. today, few questions

ant

yep.
first, i took all this out

[pic at bottom] i'm guessing thats right? acoustic valve and gubbins?

Attachments

• Image173.jpg
    Image173.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 207

ant

yep.
then i was left with 2 leads. the black one i blocked with a screw.

whats the other electrical one with the green stripe? hoping i dont need it!

Attachments

• Image174.jpg
    Image174.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 92

ant

yep.
lastly, there was room to fit the "trumpet" in the fog light which seems the best place.
i tried but how the hell do you fix it to the fog light surround?

ant

yep.
i can easy get the c.a.f. down to the fog light.

took the fog light out and the plastic surround but couldnt figure out
a way of fixing the bell/trumpet to it???

:)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
daze, drill two holes in the back on the trumpit then cable tie it through the screw holes on the surround and pull it back into the surround

DOn't need a trumpet, just run a flex hose from the foglight (take foglight out) and run it up to the filter.

hey presto.

and cover the electrical wire that isn't being used with tape.

Maz

LY 200
I don't have a donkey d1ck on mine either but it does need to go back on when the warmer weather is here ..

Hope you get it sorted mate ... pics when complete ???

Maz :)

Whats that thing for anywayz?
the acoustic valve is supposed to open up at certain revs supplying air to the filter - it stays closed at lower revs to give better torque apparently - I dont understand the principal though but makes sense to me removing it

ant

yep.
portal172 said:
DOn't need a trumpet, just run a flex hose from the foglight (take foglight out) and run it up to the filter.

yeah thought of that but it looks much better with the trumpet end sat there :)

i'll give one of the fabricators at work, he'll knock something up!

Daze, what did you have to do to remove that accoustic valve thing anyway? When fitting my viper it looked like I had to remove the front bumper or something to get to it!

Clio 172 mk2
timsclio172 said:
the acoustic valve is supposed to open up at certain revs supplying air to the filter - it stays closed at lower revs to give better torque apparently - I dont understand the principal though but makes sense to me removing it

I think it has something to do with the inlet/hose lengths at different engine speeds

Remember to plug the hose up to this valve neat the throttle body.

ant

yep.
Gaz Sport said:
Daze, what did you have to do to remove that accoustic valve thing anyway? When fitting my viper it looked like I had to remove the front bumper or something to get to it!

remove nearside front wheel, then remove the arch liner and you see it.

one bolt to undo to get it off [the horn also comes off but just re-attach it]

be carefull with the plastic plugs that hold the arch liner in, i broke them pulling them out :)

182 Full Fat
Reading through this, I assume removing the acoustic valve altogether only affects torque at low revs? Im suprised Renault even put this valve in. Very advanced!!!:cool: