ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted Powerflex dogbone bushes...

2001 Clio 172
Howdy,

Yesterday I fitted some some yellow Powerflex bushes into my Ph1 172 bottom gearbox mount. The old ones were probably the factory ones and were totally stuffed. Was getting nasty manifold banging on takeoff and especially up hills.

Anyway, its a lot better now. The gear change and the total lack of movement coming on and off power is just great. It just feeling so much tighter.

However now if I give it the beans from a standing start or floor it in 1st, 2nd I can still get a little knock. Its different now i think.

The 2 other mounts, under the battery and on the drivers side are standard items and most likely are the originals like the bottom mount was. The car has now done 148,000kms and before I had it was TOTALLY standard. I have now done discs, greenstuff pads, braided lines, and replaced the standard filter and only do the occasional trackday these days.

I think I already know the answer to this question but do you guys recommend me replacing the 2 other mounts with aftermarket items? Off the shelf stuff from renault is stupid expensive here so I tend to get my stuff from the UK or Oz.
Can anyone recommend some replacement mounts? Up until last week the car was a daily driver but now I bus to my new job so it gets bugger all running now.
I dont want any mounts which mean I have to drill into the body as this seems to be fairly common.

Any help appreciated : )

ITB'd MK1
you get a lot of vibration from the solid mounts

again..only if you fit them one at a time and fully tighten them without letting them settle first.

The solid mounts are good, they dont suit everyone though. up side is you wont be changing them in 12 months when they're knackered again