ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 172 (no air con) belt replacement

Clio 172
Good afternoon,

Long story very short, I was replacing my Clio 172 (non air con, non cup) alternator and belt, and I have managed to lose the bottom bolt(s) connecting the alternator to the engine. aka 'Renault Clio Sport MK2 2001-2006 172 182 Alternator Mount Engine Bracket'.

I found this thread here which suggests these are M10 along with the part numbers: https://cliosport.net/threads/lower-alternator-pivot-bolt.847179/ however the links state these are rear bush bolts, where I assume the standard bolt sizes and hence part numbers are used around the car so it does not matter.

Simply seeking clarification before I do one of two things:

- Bolt bingo with a selection of what I believe will fit
- Order the above and test it / try it

I am attaching a photo of the engine mounting bracket and you can see where the mount is not attached to the engine.

Appreciate your responses, I am asking here as I have read many conflicts and my local garage was lets say less than helpful

Attachments

• 3C082CEB-5F2B-4C64-BC00-02DFBA455DAD.JPG
    3C082CEB-5F2B-4C64-BC00-02DFBA455DAD.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 60

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Good afternoon,

Long story very short, I was replacing my Clio 172 (non air con, non cup) alternator and belt, and I have managed to lose the bottom bolt(s) connecting the alternator to the engine. aka 'Renault Clio Sport MK2 2001-2006 172 182 Alternator Mount Engine Bracket'.

I found this thread here which suggests these are M10 along with the part numbers: https://cliosport.net/threads/lower-alternator-pivot-bolt.847179/ however the links state these are rear bush bolts, where I assume the standard bolt sizes and hence part numbers are used around the car so it does not matter.

Simply seeking clarification before I do one of two things:

- Bolt bingo with a selection of what I believe will fit
- Order the above and test it / try it

I am attaching a photo of the engine mounting bracket and you can see where the mount is not attached to the engine.

Appreciate your responses, I am asking here as I have read many conflicts and my local garage was lets say less than helpful
Is yours phase 1 or 2?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
apologies for my late reply, the model variant is CB1N0F (2001) if that helps?
This is the illustration showing the bolt and bracket (arrow and x).

Don't refer to that other thread as he was after the pivot bolt which goes through the alternator.

The bolt you are after is an M10. From memory, it was M10X150-65 mm (150 = 1.5 thread, 65mm in length).

Part Number was 7703002190. N/A from Renault but the good news is the bolt directly beneath it is identical.

See the picture from my engine. Same bracket, and the same bolts.

So whip the other bolt out and take it to your local fasteners and they'll find you one to match.

Screenshot-2023-08-11-at-11.02.24.jpg

Screenshot-2023-08-11-at-10.53.24.jpg

Last edited: