ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FittedUK 2021

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hey guys and gals,

So on the 12th me and my partner went to FittedUK at Manchester Central Convention Complex AKA The GMEX. First show I've been to for a few years and it was on the doorstep, not to mention that but it was also the 1st time we had been the GMEX since we met their 2 years prior at Bongos Bingo 🤣.

Some absolutely fantastic cars in terms of build quality, fit and finish but there were some truly shocking cars there. I basically took pictures of most of the cars that stood out to me, but it did make me debate putting the 340 forward for next year 😂 considering some of the talent on show.

Anyway, here's my pictures.

20210912_152531.jpg
20210912_152443.jpg
20210912_152451.jpg
20210912_152457.jpg
20210912_152507.jpg
20210912_152354.jpg
20210912_152412.jpg
20210912_152324.jpg
20210912_152301.jpg
20210912_152242.jpg

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Some ace stuff, and yeah some not so great stuff.
The little Acty is ace, it's owned by frshnmnty (instragram tag), followed him for a while now.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Awesome pics but it's all just so boring now. Nothing's changed in 15 years in this scene.

The Nova is cool mind.
Elaborate on "boring" though, I'm interested in the reasoning. I understand it's all down to what you're into but for me boring is an M140i with a Maxton body kit, smoked back lights and a downpipe. I mean none of it was new 15 years ago either.

Elaborate on "boring" though, I'm interested in the reasoning. I understand it's all down to what you're into but for me boring is an M140i with a Maxton body kit, smoked back lights and a downpipe. I mean none of it was new 15 years ago either.

I agree and I'm old now. But I recognise some of these motors in the same guise as when I had my Bora in 2011. It's mostly the same cars with the same wheels. Other than the Bedford.

The 90's modding scene was very different to the 00's and looking back it was hideous, but at least different. How things can change i dont know but that's my view..

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I agree and I'm old now. But I recognise some of these motors in the same guise as when I had my Bora in 2011. It's mostly the same cars with the same wheels. Other than the Bedford.

The 90's modding scene was very different to the 00's and looking back it was hideous, but at least different. How things can change i dont know but that's my view..

I don't think they're aware they need to update their cars for you 😂, I mean Goodwood mimust be boring to you, same cars year in year out. Nah in all seriousness I know what you mean but I don't think I've ever seen any of these before but I don't go to that many shows and I think the last one of this kind was about 3 years ago when we dropped Winstons car off (Yellow Mk1 Scirocco) at Fitted.

Things have changed now, everything is a Maxton Bodykit and a wrap. 🤣

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Some great snaps there, some of it really works for me, some of the more modern stuff not so much though. Each to their own. Love the red notch back and freshnmintys acty (different and executed so well)

ps bags are for shopping 😁 :ROFLMAO:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've never got how some of the cars in the 'stance scene' are dropped so low, with ridiculous tyres that you'll see them with the painted arch practically sat on the barrel of the wheel, or inner lip.

What's that all about? How is that driveable? Don't get me started on the bloody stanced toy cars too, ha.

Got to give them credit for the fantastic attention to detail though on the cars. It may look shouty and brash but it's all down to the fine details which I appreciate.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've never got how some of the cars in the 'stance scene' are dropped so low, with ridiculous tyres that you'll see them with the painted arch practically sat on the barrel of the wheel, or inner lip.

What's that all about? How is that driveable? Don't get me started on the bloody stanced toy cars too, ha.

Got to give them credit for the fantastic attention to detail though on the cars. It may look shouty and brash but it's all down to the fine details which I appreciate.

It's on air, so it can be lowered to a set point and raised up to normal height for driving.

Although some do drive like that 'static' on fixed heigh coilovers.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Nothing wrong with these cars, not quite getting the hate. Granted the cars with arches sitting on the barrel of the wheel look shite but it’s air, it moves, that’s the idea.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
It was a decent show but preferred the one in Event City in 2019.
Nice photos mate.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nothing wrong with these cars, not quite getting the hate. Granted the cars with arches sitting on the barrel of the wheel look shite but it’s air, it moves, that’s the idea.

Agree. A petrol head can like many different things. These are a bit form over function, well, a lot - but still impressive. More impressive than some kid in a leased M140 with a pops and bangs remap.

We're all petrolheads but all have our likes and dislikes. Someone may shoot me for saying so, but I find F1 absolutely turd and Goodwood FOS wasn't as much fun as I'd thought either. 2 things that anyone would expect a car guy to love. Exotic cars are great too but they don't interest me as much as they probably should as they're OTT and unattainable, but still appreciate the detail/engineering.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

As mentioned they don't actually drive like that.

For me with these cars it's more about them being a work of art getting the arch to sit within a millimetre of the wheel rim. Must take a fair bit of work! Still better than the tat from Max Power, although I loved that at the time!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Agree. A petrol head can like many different things. These are a bit form over function, well, a lot - but still impressive. More impressive than some kid in a leased M140 with a pops and bangs remap.

These are leased M140’s, with leased BBS’ and leased air ride kits?