ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting 16v wide arches and front/rear bumpers to my rt need advice pls

clio mk1
Hi all, im bidding on some 16v mk1 arches and front/rear bumpers for my clio rt 95.. Just wondering if its a simple straight swap or if i need to get the local body shop to do it, i heard the wings are just a straight swop with screws but im unsure with the bumpers. Just got it delocked and hopefully going to get some 16`s soonish , thanks all and any advice would be appreciated :p

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
You need to buy the valver arch liners with the wings. They are a straight swap.

The bumpers are a straight swap too. Only problem is the sides of the bumper will be in line with the body work on the front due to you getting the bulging valver wings but at the back the bumper will bulge outside the body work.

Don't get 16's. They'll slow you down, tyre prices for 16's are a rip off and they just won't look right because they're big yet don't fill the arches. Get 15's and lower it.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
No, the front bumper will fit fine with the wings.

I was talking about the rear bumper. The 16v versions have a prominent bulge (to my knowledge) all the way along the car, the wings and bumpers aline with this bulge. Since you don't have a valver there won't be the prominent bulge (but adding the wings will mean you have a bulge at the front which the front bumper can align itself with - this looks good). The rear will not have a prominent bulge, therefore the sides of the bumper will stick outside the bodywork (it will still fit fine, but just stick out).

Hope this explains it enough. I've added you to msn if you've got anymore questions (or pm me).

If anyone has any corrections/things to add then please do.