ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 197 brembos on a 172 cup

Ben’scup

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I’m sure it’s been asked loads on here but what is involved with fitting 197 brembos under 15’’ 2118’s??

carriers machined, wheel spacers.

what else do I need to know? What size discs can I run?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I’m sure it’s been asked loads on here but what is involved with fitting 197 brembos under 15’’ 2118’s??

carriers machined, wheel spacers.

what else do I need to know? What size discs can I run?
5mm off the brembo, brembo adaptors, brake lines, 280mm discs

Ben’scup

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
5mm off the brembo, brembo adaptors, brake lines, 280mm discs
Thanks mate, where does the 5mm need coming off? I’ve seen the adapters on the pure motorsport page, is that my best bet? 197 brake lines I take it??

Sorry for all the questions

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, where does the 5mm need coming off? I’ve seen the adapters on the pure motorsport page, is that my best bet? 197 brake lines I take it??

Sorry for all the questions
They look well made but the tolerancing on the machining would make them quite expensive to have done. The lines are 1*2 to 197 ones. @BRT Motorsport do them

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Go with the puremotorsport brembo kit. They also do the machining on the brembo callipers for their brackets which looks a much better way of mounting to the brackets than just skimming 5mm off of the original brembo mounting.