ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 90mm trumpets on ph1 with dth itb

CRX,205,Type S,172..
I got a 90mm trumpets on my dth on ph1 and ofcourse i cant close the bonnet.
Is it possible to just cut out the inner bonnet part to close the bonnet.
Anyone done it?
i dont want to butcher my bonnet to find out i still cant close it properly :-D

Since it's a dedicated track car it will not use any air filter

I know i can use angle spacers but i would like more not to...

Thanks

CRX,205,Type S,172..
I've fitted the polo rad so there would be no problem..
The angle spacers are silly expensive...if i will not be able to close the bonnet i will have to buy it but i'm looking at my options ...
The hood stays up just a little but i'm afraid that cutting the inner part will not be enough...could be...it's a very close call

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Trim the bonnet, I have the jenvey angle adapters on myn that cost 300 using 60mm trumpets which gives me a total of 120mm but I still had to trim the bonnet. Hope this helps

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Trim the bonnet, I have the jenvey angle adapters on myn that cost 300 using 60mm trumpets which gives me a total of 120mm but I still had to trim the bonnet. Hope this helps

Hi

Are you still using the filter the ktec kit came with or have you got a different set up ? And do you have a link for the adapters ?

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I don't have a link for the adapters but I do have a pic. I must warn your they aren't cheap! Look on jenvey website, your looking for 45mm spacers with 22. 5 Deg bend and also adapter from tf-sf if my memory serves me right. Total cost is 300.

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
80ce7f07d8fdf28fcb6630b22ee2e677.jpg

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Finaly found the time today and tried... Dth 90mm fits on ph1 after a little bonnet butchering...

uploadfromtaptalk1430566088683.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1430566130685.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1430566171270.jpg

The bonnet clearence is about 5mm to the trumpets, since i got the hardest compound engine mounts it should not be a problem.
Probably will need to use the socks air filter.

Hope this helps someone.

CRX,205,Type S,172..
I will take a picture with a closed bonnet... it think it will be ok
Since the inner part of the trumpet where the air gets sucked in has the apropriate clearence

At the end i can always drill 4 holes on the bonnet... My goal was just to be able to close it properly

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I don't have a link for the adapters but I do have a pic. I must warn your they aren't cheap! Look on jenvey website, your looking for 45mm spacers with 22. 5 Deg bend and also adapter from tf-sf if my memory serves me right. Total cost is 300.

Thanks for your advice I've been looking on jenveys web site. Did you use 2 x tf to sf adapters sandwiched either side of the 22 degree spacer bend ?
In other words are you still running k-tecs 60mm trumpets ?

Cheers

markmcgivern

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
4x F-THinXX Adaptor TH inlet to SF horn 34 ex vat x4
SCS45_22.5 Spacer SF 22.5deg bend 45mm 25 ex vat x4
You will also need to modify the backing plate to fit the sf angle spacers. Just by drilling new hole and blocking old ones. I use their filter and 60mm trumpets they supply. If you ring jenvey they will confirm the correct parts.
You will also need extra bolts, I picked them up off eBay for a couple of quid

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Thanks Mark
I thought the k-tec trumpets had the TH bolt pattern ? Did you use a nut and bolt though the back plate to hold the trumpets on ?
Cheers Andy

CRX,205,Type S,172..
in the end just had to chop the inner side of the bonnet... the car was mapped in italy and made 235hp

acceleration... didnt manage to get it to 100mph cause i ran out of straight line and was holding with one hand a camera and the steering wheel... all in all i'm verry satisfied.. weight is 990kg, still a bit of lightening to do ;-)

CRX,205,Type S,172..
Video doesn't really show the real acceleration, cause the wheels lost traction even with r888 and gripper lsd so i screwed up the 1st gear